- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Tedeschi Trucks Band with Los Lobos and Gabe Dixon on Wednesday June 29 at 6:30 pm at Fox Theatre Detroit in Detroit, MI
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Average White Band on Wednesday June 29 at 7:30 pm at Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre in Detroit, MI
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to ABBA The Concert on Thursday June 30 at 7:30 pm at Sound Board at MotorCity Casino in Detroit, MI
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Ann Wilson on Thursday June 30 at 8:00 pm at Music Hall Center in Detroit, MI
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to The Queers on Friday July 1 at 7:00 pm at The Loving Touch in Ferndale, MI
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Tiesto on Friday July 1 at 8:00 pm at The Colosseum at Caesars Windsor in Windsor, Canada
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to The Aquabats on Saturday July 2 at 7:00 pm at The Fillmore Detroit in Detroit, MI
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to ZZ Top on Saturday July 2 at 7:30 pm at Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill in Sterling Heights, MI
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Lil Durk on Saturday July 2 at 8:00 pm at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Independence Weekend Summer Slam - Lil Durk, Rod Wave, Kash Doll And More on Saturday July 2 at 8:00 pm at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI
Much of the music America is famous for got its start in Detroit. Michigan’s largest city is the birthplace of the Motown label and its famous Motown Sound, and over a dozen Detroit-affiliated artists have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Those artists include Aretha Franklin, The Temptations, Alice Cooper, and Parliament-Funkadelic.
The brand new Little Caesar’s Arena just opened in September of 2017 with a series of concerts from Michigan-native, Kid Rock. The new building hosts both the Detroit Red Wings and the Detroit Pistons and replaces both teams’ former arenas, The Joe Louis Arena and The Palace at Auburn Hills, which had both previously been used as venues for large concerts in the city. Depending on the stage configuration, the new building holds between 15,000 and 22,000 people for concerts. Some recent and upcoming concerts at Little Caesar’s Arena include Paul McCartney, Imagine Dragons, Guns N’ Roses, Lady Gaga, Jay-Z, Katy Perry, and Harry Styles.
Under half a mile down Woodward Avenue from the Little Caesar’s Arena (and right across the street from Detroit’s MLB and NFL stadiums) is another of the city’s best music venues: The Fillmore. The building opened as a movie house in 1925 and operated for a long time as The State Theatre. The building’s famous chandeliers hang in the front lobby and give the venue much of its character. Seating at Fillmore is on floor, mezzanine, and balcony levels. The mezzanine and balconies have seats, and the floor level is standing room only. In total, the The Fillmore fits 2888. Green Day, Regina Spektor, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, Dashboard Confessional, and Kesha have all recently played at the Fillmore.
Also nearby is St. Andrew’s Hall, which gained fame in the 1980s and 90s for hosting breakthrough artists like Pearl Jam, Iggy Pop, Bob Dylan, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It still attracts top-quality artists and is a great place to see a concert in Detroit.
What’s the best place to see a concert in Detroit?
Little Caesar’s arena is almost too new, but the early reviews say the sound quality is good, and you’ll definitely enjoy yourself if an artist you like is playing there. The Fillmore attracts some great talent as well, and it’s a cool, more intimate space.
What artists are playing in Detroit this weekend?
Scroll up to the “Events this Weekend” section to see what concerts are playing in Detroit this weekend.
You’ll have some food and drink options available at The Fillmore and at St. Andrews Hall. The Fillmore has the State Bar and Grill, which opens at 4PM on days when there’s a show. St. Andrews has a full service bar and a lower level called The Shelter with additional food and drink options.
How much will I pay to see a concert in Detroit?
Detroit is one of the top concert destinations in the country, with a wide variety of venues and performances. Fans of all types are able to find a price point they’re comfortable with. For a look at ticket prices for upcoming concerts, scroll to the top of the page and see events today, this weekend, and this week.
What concert should I see while I’m in Detroit?
Look through the listings above to see what artists are playing in Detroit today, this weekend, and further in the future. You’ll find something no matter what kind of music you like.
Musicians on Tour in Detroit
- Billy Joel in Detroit (Comerica Park)
- Carly Pearce in Detroit
- Kehlani in Detroit (Little Caesars Arena)
- Kendrick Lamar in Detroit
- Mary J. Blige in Detroit
- Old Dominion in Detroit (Ford Field)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers in Detroit
- Sabrina Claudio in Detroit (Little Caesars Arena)
- Tanna Leone in Detroit
- The Weeknd in Detroit (Little Caesars Arena)
Concerts in Detroit by Venue
- Concerts at Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre
- Concerts at El Club
- Concerts at Fox Theatre Detroit
- Concerts at Little Caesars Arena
- Concerts at Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill
- Concerts at Music Hall Center
- Concerts at Sound Board at MotorCity Casino
- Concerts at The Colosseum at Caesars Windsor
- Concerts at The Fillmore Detroit
- Concerts at The Loving Touch