- Find tickets from 42 dollars to HammerFall on Friday September 25 at 8:00 pm at Hawthorne Theatre in Portland, OR
- Find tickets from 106 dollars to Kane Brown (Drive In Concert Experience) on Saturday September 26 at 7:30 pm at 99W Drive-in in Newberg, OR
- Find tickets from 69 dollars to Corb Lund (21+) on Saturday September 26 at 9:00 pm at Dante's in Portland, OR
- Find tickets from 40 dollars to Howie Day (21+) on Saturday September 26 at 9:00 pm at Doug Fir Lounge in Portland, OR
- Find tickets from 46 dollars to Lightning Bolt on Sunday September 27 at 8:00 pm at Star Theater in Portland, OR
- Find tickets from 69 dollars to Peter Bjorn and John with Methyl Ethel (21+) on Sunday September 27 at 9:00 pm at Doug Fir Lounge in Portland, OR
- Find tickets from 156 dollars to CAKE on Friday October 2 at 8:00 pm at Aladdin Theater in Portland, OR
- Find tickets from 63 dollars to RY X on Friday October 2 at 8:00 pm at Revolution Hall in Portland, OR
- Find tickets from 48 dollars to The Seshen (21+) on Saturday October 3 at 6:00 pm at Holocene in Portland, OR
- Find tickets from 64 dollars to Wednesday 13 on Saturday October 3 at 7:00 pm at Hawthorne Theatre in Portland, OR
Concerts in Portland Details
Portland is the largest city in Oregon, and that makes it one of the best places on the west coast (especially outside of California) for live entertainment. Portland’s music scene in particular has thrived for decades. Hardcore punk surged in Portland throughout the 80s and 90s, and genres like bluegrass and old-time music have large followings in the city. In recent years, Electronic Dance Music has become a major part of Portland’s music scene. In addition, Portland is well-known for its many karaoke bars, and the New York Times has called Portland “the capital of karaoke” in the US.
The Moda Center is Portland’s largest indoor entertainment arena. The building opened in 1995 and has primarily been used as the home arena of the NBA’s Portland Trail Blazers. During the offseason and when the Trail Blazers are on the road, the Moda Center is one of the city’s top concert venues. Nine Inch Nails and David Bowie performed the first concert at Moda Center in 1995. Concerts at Moda Center during the 2017-18 Blazers season include The Killers, Billy Joel, Jay-Z, Katy Perry, and Lorde. The Trail Blazers’ former home arena, Veterans Memorial Coliseum, is also still standing and is still used as a concert venue.
Portland has been called the City of Roses because its climate is perfect for growing roses, and venues like the Roseland Theater play off of that nickname. The Roseland is a 1400 person capacity, standing room only venue. The theater has live entertainment most nights of the week and features rock, blues, dance, and hip hop acts. Artists like Snoop Dogg and Prince have played at the Roseland in the last decade.
Portland’s major outdoor venue is the Oregon Zoo Amphitheater, which holds concerts at the Oregon Zoo from June to September. The Zoo began its summer concert series in 1979, and the tradition has been going strong ever since. Seating is available at the Amphitheater, and there is also a large, general admission lawn section. 2Cellos, Natalie Merchant, Pat Benatar, and Mat DeMarco performed at the Oregon Zoo in the summer 2017.
What’s the best place to see a concert in Portland?
If you can go during the summer, you’ll have a great time at the Oregon Zoo Amphitheater. Admission to the zoo is also included in the cost of your ticket! For a more intimate, club-like feel, the Roseland Theater is a good option, and there’s music there almost every night of the year.
What concerts can I see in Portland this weekend?
Scroll up to the “Events this Weekend” section to see what concerts are happening in Portland over the weekend.
Your ticket to a concert at the Oregon Zoo Amphitheater includes admission to the zoo on the day of the show. If you have a general admission ticket, you can bring a lawn chair or beach towel to sit on. MAX (TriMet light rail service) is the best way to get to the zoo.
How much will I pay to see a concert in Portland?
Portland is one of the top concert destinations in the country, with a wide variety of venues and performances. Fans of all types are able to find a price point they’re comfortable with. For a look at ticket prices for upcoming concerts, scroll to the top of the page and see events today, this weekend, and this week.
What concert should I see while I’m in Portland?
Portland has concerts happening all the time. Look through the listings above to see what options are available tonight, this weekend, and further in the future.
Musicians on Tour in Portland
- CHVRCHES in Portland (Sunlight Supply Amphitheater)
- Halsey in Portland (Sunlight Supply Amphitheater)
- Harry Styles in Portland (Moda Center)
- Jenny Lewis in Portland (Moda Center)
- Justin Bieber in Portland (Moda Center)
- Louis Tomlinson in Portland (Crystal Ballroom)
- Luke Bryan in Portland (Sunlight Supply Amphitheater)
- Orville Peck in Portland (Roseland Theater)
- Sabrina Claudio in Portland (Moda Center)
- The Weeknd in Portland (Moda Center)