Upcoming Events Near Ashburn, VA
May 21, Mon 8:00 pm - Capital One Arena
May 28, Mon TBD - Capital One Arena
Brooklyn Nets Details
The Nets franchise began in 1967 as a founding member of the ABA—an upstart league that formed to compete with the NBA. The team played its first season as the New Jersey Americans but moved to New York the next year and became the New York Nets. The Nets were absorbed into the NBA after the ABA folded in 1976. They played one NBA season in New York and moved to New Jersey in 1977. The Nets would play in New Jersey for 35 years before moving to Brooklyn’s Barclays Center in 2012.
The Nets won two titles as part of the ABA. Julius Erving, one of the most famous players to begin his pro career in the ABA, was the most valuable player in the playoffs during both title runs. The Nets were the ABA’s last champion, winning the 1976 title before the league merged with the NBA. Because of NBA expansion fees, the team could no longer afford to keep Erving, and his contract was bought by the Sixers before the Nets began to play in the NBA. Nevertheless, Erving’s number 32 is retired by the team for his contributions to their ABA success.
The Nets have not won a championship as an NBA team. They came closest in the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons. Point guard Jason Kidd’s arrival in the 2001 season was instrumental in reversing the Nets’ fortunes and making them a team that could compete for an NBA title. With Kidd at the helm, the Nets were Eastern Conference champions for two consecutive years. When the team moved to Brooklyn, the now-retired Kidd returned as a coach, and the team made the playoffs during both of his years as their coach.
In recent years, the Nets have struggled. They missed the playoffs the last two seasons and won only 20 games last year. They will rely on players like Jeremy Lin and youngsters like D’Angelo Russell and Archie Goodwin as they try to turn things around for the 2017-18 season.
How to purchase Brooklyn Nets tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy Brooklyn Nets tickets.
- Browse the above listings of Nets games to find a game you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and matchup, click on the green button on the right hand side of the screen to see all available tickets for that game.
- Next, explore all available tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the bottom of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive stadium and arena maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To purchase a ticket, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your Brooklyn Nets tickets.
When do Nets playoff tickets go on sale?
If the Nets make the postseason, playoff tickets should go on sale shortly after, typically in April. Be sure to sign up for an account so you can get alerts about Nets playoff tickets!
Brooklyn Nets schedule
For a list of upcoming Nets games, feel free to browse the game listings above, or visit our Nets Schedule page for game results, scores, the team record, and future games. The 2017-18 Nets regular season runs from October 18, 2017 to April 11, 2018.
How much do Nets tickets cost?
SeatGeek has the widest selection of tickets on the web, offering Nets tickets for every fan at every price point. Typically, Nets tickets start at about $15. Visit our Nets Ticket Prices page for more information.
When do the Nets play the Knicks?
This 2017-18 season dates for Nets vs. Knicks games are December 14 and January 15 at Barclays Center and January 30 at Madison Square Garden. Visit our Nets vs. Knicks matchup page for ticket listings and further information.
Brooklyn Nets Top Matchups
The Brooklyn Nets have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Nets vs. Celtics Tickets
- Nets vs. Knicks Tickets
- Nets vs. 76ers Tickets
- Nets vs. Raptors Tickets
- Nets vs. Nuggets Tickets
- Nets vs. Timberwolves Tickets
- Nets vs. Thunder Tickets
- Nets vs. Trail Blazers Tickets
- Nets vs. Jazz Tickets
- Nets vs. Bulls Tickets
- Nets vs. Cavaliers Tickets
- Nets vs. Pistons Tickets
- Nets vs. Pacers Tickets
- Nets vs. Bucks Tickets