- Find tickets from 26 dollars to Come From Away - Dallas on date to be announced at Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas, TX
- Find tickets from 78 dollars to Changmo on date to be announced at Gas Monkey Live in Dallas, TX
- Find tickets from 24 dollars to The Black Academy of Arts and Letters - Dallas on Saturday March 20 at 10:00 am at Tbaal Room T 314 in Dallas, TX
- Find tickets from 251 dollars to Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood on Thursday April 1 at 8:00 pm at Granada Theater in Dallas, TX
- Find tickets from 36 dollars to Disney On Ice: Mickey's Search Party - Dallas on Friday April 2 at 12:30 pm at American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX
- Find tickets from 36 dollars to Disney On Ice: Mickey's Search Party - Dallas on Friday April 2 at 7:30 pm at American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX
- Find tickets from 76 dollars to Bruce Bruce on Friday April 2 at 8:00 pm at The Theatre at Grand Prairie in Grand Prairie, TX
- Find tickets from 36 dollars to Disney On Ice: Mickey's Search Party - Dallas on Saturday April 3 at 10:30 am at American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX
- Find tickets from 40 dollars to Disney On Ice: Mickey's Search Party - Dallas on Saturday April 3 at 3:00 pm at American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX
- Find tickets from 36 dollars to Disney On Ice: Mickey's Search Party - Dallas on Saturday April 3 at 7:30 pm at American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX
Downtown Dallas has a bustling arts district that makes the city one of the best places for art and theater in North Texas. In addition to attractions like the Dallas Museum of Art, the arts district also is home to the AT&T Performing Arts Center. The 10 acre development opened in 2009 and hosted more than 500 performances during its inaugural season. The Performing Arts Center encompasses a number of major theater venues including the Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre, the Studio Theatre, and the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House.
The Wyly Theatre’s original design makes its layout completely customizable. Everything from the stage to the seating arrangements can be moved, stacked, and shuffled into different layouts. The venue practically requires a return visit: you can go over and over and not see the same configuration twice. Wyly Theatre performs a seasonal play, such as A Christmas Carol during the holiday season, and the venue hosts other productions throughout the year. The theatre’s capacity can change depending on the stage configuration, but it generally seats around 600 people.
Though, like the rest of the AT&T Performing Arts Center’s venues, the Winspear Opera House did not open until 2009, it was designed with the traditional opera house in mind. The venue’s stated goal is to serve as a “21st century reinterpretation of the traditional ‘horseshoe’ shaped opera house”. The theatre’s holiday lineup includes productions of The Nutcracker and How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and then moves to more traditional musicals like The King and I and a number of productions from the Dallas Opera.
Dallas is also just a 30 minute trip down the highway from Fort Worth, which has many theater options of its own. Bass Performance Hall is a 2000+ seat limestone building that frequent hosts musical theater productions including Beauty and the Beast and Rent.
What’s the best place to see theater in Dallas?
The Wyly Theatre’s configurable stage layouts are just plain cool. The theatre has taken an innovative approach to offer an exciting, refreshing experience.
What shows can I see in Dallas this weekend?
Scroll up to the “Events this Weekend” section to see what shows are happening in Dallas this weekend.
If you’ve got a car, Fort Worth is a straight shot down I-30, and it has many theater options of its own.
The AT&T Performing Arts center has parking available in multiple lots (self-parking is $17), and you can purchase parking online before you leave for the show.
How much will I pay to see theater in Dallas?
Dallas is one of the top theater destinations in the country, with a wide variety of venues and performances. Fans of all types are able to find a price point they’re comfortable with. For a look at ticket prices for upcoming theater, scroll to the top of the page and see events today, this weekend, and this week.
What show should I see while I’m in Dallas?
Explore the listings above to see what theater is happening in Dallas today, this weekend, and further in the future. You can also visit our Theater Page for all available shows.