Popular Concerts in Kansas City
All Concerts in Kansas City
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Shakey Graves with Buffalo Hunt on Monday June 5 at 8:00 pm at The Truman in Kansas City, MO
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to De'Wayne Jackson on Tuesday June 6 at 8:00 pm at Uptown Theater - KC in Kansas City, MO
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Brit Floyd - Pink Floyd Tribute on Wednesday June 7 at 8:00 pm at Midland Theatre - MO in Kansas City, MO
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Joe Nichols (18+) on Thursday June 8 at 7:00 pm at KC Live in Kansas City, MO
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to ILLENIUM on Thursday June 8 at 7:00 pm at Azura Amphitheater in Bonner Springs, KS
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to The Sisters of Mercy on Thursday June 8 at 7:30 pm at Uptown Theater - KC in Kansas City, MO
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Kolby Cooper on Friday June 9 at 7:00 pm at PBR Big Sky in Kansas City, MO
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Louis Tomlinson on Saturday June 10 at 7:00 pm at Starlight Theatre in Kansas City, MO
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Luke Combs with Riley Green, Lainey Wilson, Flatland Cavalry and more on Saturday June 10 at 7:00 pm at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, MO
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Lamorn (18+) on Saturday June 10 at 9:00 pm at Uptown Theater - KC in Kansas City, MO
About Kansas City Concerts
Though it is technically in Missouri, Kansas City practically sits right on the Kansas border. The city, recognized by the United Nations as a “City of Music,” has made numerous contributions to music in America and is best known for its unique style of jazz. Kansas City jazz is known for its improvisational style, noteworthy for its long solos and heavy blues influence.
One of the best ways to see Kansas City jazz today is to attend a Kansas City Jazz Orchestra Concert. The Orchestra debuted in 2003. The Orchestra’s shows often take on a theme, like “Classic Big Band Broadway,” “British Invasion” and “From New Orleans to Chicago.” The group also performs tribute shows to famous musicians like Frank Sinatra and Duke Ellington. The Jazz Orchestra typically performs at Helzberg Hall, a 1600-seat auditorium at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. The Kauffman Center opened in 2011 and serves as a versatile venue for the city. In addition to the Jazz Orchestra, the center also holds concerts by the Kansas City Symphony and pop musicians. Some notable past performers include Idina Menzel, Aretha Franklin, Lily Tomlin, Yo-Yo Ma, and Alice Cooper.
Kansas City also offers plenty of opportunities to see outdoor shows. One of the best venues for these types of concerts is the Starlight Theatre. The Starlight puts on a concert series each year, and its concert season typically runs from April to early October. You can find a wide variety of genres represented in their concert lineup, which has featured artists like STYX, Earth Wind and Fire, Weird Al Yankovic, Bob Dylan and John Legend.
CrossroadsKC is Kansas City’s other option for outdoor concerts. It has lots of fans, and its food comes from Grinders, which has been featured on the Food Network. The venue opened in 2007 and hosts between 30 and 40 shows each summer.
What concert venues are located in Kansas City?
CrossroadsKC is located in the Crossroads art district, a few blocks south of downtown Kansas City. The area is known for its art galleries and is Kansas City’s hub for the visual arts. The venue takes advantage of its location and offers free parking.
Starlight Theatre opened in 1950. Its outdoor stage is a popular venue for Broadway shows in addition to music. Heart and The Little River Band played the Starlight’s first pop concert in 1980. Starlight Theatre is located in Swope Park, which is about a 15 minute drive from Downtown Kansas City.
The Kauffman Center is a great place to see Kansas City jazz, but don’t forget to check out its other events too. The venue is located in Downtown Kansas City.
How much do concert tickets in Kansas City cost?
Kansas City is one of the top concert destinations in the country, with a wide variety of venues and performances. For a look at ticket prices for upcoming concerts, scroll to the top of the page and see events today, this weekend, and this week.
What music festivals take place in Kansas City?
Kansas City is home to Middle of the Map Fest, which features both film and music. The festival occurs in and near the Crossroads neighborhood, and CrossroadsKC is one the venues where artists perform during the festival.
Dancefestopia, which features dance music from dozens of DJs, takes place at Emerald City — a little less than an hour’s drive south from Kansas City.
Tips for attending concerts in Kansas City
For outdoor venues like the Starlight Theatre and Crossroads KC, monitor the venue’s website as show time approaches if you’re unsure about how the weather will affect the performance. Starlight Theatre sells ponchos at its information kiosks, or you can bring your own.