- Find tickets from 59 dollars to The Marshall Tucker Band on Friday April 23 at 7:30 pm at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL
- Find tickets from 78 dollars to Dave Mason on Friday April 23 at 8:00 pm at Capitol Theatre in Clearwater, FL
- Find tickets from 84 dollars to Orleans on Saturday April 24 at 8:00 pm at Capitol Theatre in Clearwater, FL
- Find tickets from 151 dollars to Blackberry Smoke on Sunday May 2 at 6:00 pm at Jannus Live in Saint Petersburg, FL
- Find tickets from 93 dollars to Kansas on Saturday May 8 at 8:00 pm at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL
- Find tickets from 135 dollars to One Night of Queen with The Werks on Sunday May 9 at 8:00 pm at Mahaffey Theater in Saint Petersburg, FL
- Find tickets from 65 dollars to The Beach Boys on Sunday May 16 at 5:00 pm at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL
- Find tickets from 71 dollars to The Beach Boys on Sunday May 16 at 8:00 pm at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL
- Find tickets from 92 dollars to Foreigner on Saturday May 22 at 8:00 pm at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL
- Find tickets from 102 dollars to Foreigner on Sunday May 23 at 8:00 pm at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL
The Tampa Bay area, which includes both Tampa and St. Petersburg, is the major metropolitan center of Western Florida. The area is well known for its pro-sports teams and college sports from the University of Southern Florida. The area takes advantage of its large venues and is also a major scene for concerts in Florida.
The NHL’s Tampa Bay Lightning play their home games in Amalie Arena. The arena has hosted many concerts since it opened in 1996. The arena’s concerts have seen some special moments: after the Lightning won the Stanley Cup in 2004, Tim McGraw sang on stage with the trophy. Bon Jovi has played four separate tours at the arena to a total of over 80,000 fans. Billy Joel, Elton John, the Rolling Stones, and Garth Brooks have all sold out shows at Amalie Arena. The arena’s capacity for concerts is 21,500. Noteworthy concerts during the Lightning’s 2017-18 season include Bruno Mars, Tim McGraw with Faith Hill, Santana, Fall Out Boy, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Lorde.
Florida’s warm climate means that its biggest outdoor amphitheater, the 20,000-capacity MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre, can stay open year-round. The amphitheater is located on the Florida State Fairgrounds. The venue is best known for hosting rock and pop acts, but features artists across many genres. Artists as different from each other as Aerosmith, Lil Wayne, and the Jonas Brothers have all played at the amphitheater. In the summer of 2017, the amphitheater hosted concerts from Rise Against, Chicago, Incubus, Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean, and Green Day. The venue is also known for its annual music festival, 97X’s Next Big Thing, which mostly features alternative rock. The festival is held each year on the first weekend in December. The festival’s lineup in 2017 includes The Lumineers, Paramore, and many other artists.
What’s the best place to see a concert in Tampa?
You might as well take advantage of the warm weather and check out the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre. You might find a good deal out on the lawn, but keep in mind that you might get wet. The show will go on rain or shine. The seats at the venue are covered, but the lawn isn’t.
What concerts are happening in Tampa over the weekend?
Scroll up to the “Events this Weekend” section to see listings and tickets for concerts in Tampa this weekend.
You can take the TECO Trolley directly to Amalie Arena and avoid having to drive and pay for parking. A one-way trip on the trolley costs $2.50.
You can bring a lawn chair to the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre, and the venue allows outside food in a clear, 1-gallon ziplock bag.
How much will I pay to see a concert in Tampa?
Tampa is one of the top concert destinations in the country, with a wide variety of venues and performances. Fans of all types are able to find a price point they’re comfortable with. For a look at ticket prices for upcoming concerts, scroll to the top of the page and see events today, this weekend, and this week.
What concert should I see while I’m in Tampa?
Take a look through the listings above to see what concerts are in Tampa tonight, over the weekend, and further in the future. It’s always nice in Tampa, and there are always several options.
Musicians on Tour in Tampa
- Alanis Morissette in Tampa (MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre)
- Dave Matthews Band in Tampa (MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre)
- Elton John in Tampa (Amalie Arena)
- Eric Church in Tampa
- Garbage in Tampa (MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre)
- Jenny Lewis in Tampa (Amalie Arena)
- Justin Bieber in Tampa (Amalie Arena)
- Maroon 5 in Tampa (MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre)
- Meghan Trainor in Tampa (MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre)
- Thomas Rhett in Tampa (MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre)
Concerts in Tampa by Venue
- Concerts at Amalie Arena
- Concerts at Capitol Theatre
- Concerts at Jannus Live
- Concerts at Mahaffey Theater
- Concerts at MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre
- Concerts at Raymond James Stadium
- Concerts at Ruth Eckerd Hall
- Concerts at Seminole Hard Rock Tampa
- Concerts at Seminole Hard Rock Tampa Event Center
- Concerts at Straz Center Morsani Hall