- Find tickets from 418 dollars to Colorado Ballet - Denver on Friday February 5 2021 at 7:30 pm at Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, CO
- Find tickets from 418 dollars to Colorado Ballet - Denver on Saturday February 6 2021 at 2:00 pm at Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, CO
- Find tickets from 418 dollars to Colorado Ballet - Denver on Sunday February 7 2021 at 2:00 pm at Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, CO
- Find tickets from 176 dollars to Jim Gaffigan on Friday February 26 2021 at 9:30 pm at Bellco Theatre in Denver, CO
- Find tickets from 125 dollars to Shen Yun - Denver on Wednesday March 17 2021 at 7:30 pm at Buell Theatre in Denver, CO
- Find tickets from 125 dollars to Shen Yun - Denver on Thursday March 18 2021 at 2:00 pm at Buell Theatre in Denver, CO
- Find tickets from 127 dollars to Shen Yun - Denver on Friday March 19 2021 at 7:30 pm at Buell Theatre in Denver, CO
- Find tickets from 57 dollars to Jo Koy on Friday March 19 2021 at 7:30 pm at Bellco Theatre in Denver, CO
- Find tickets from 84 dollars to Chris Tucker on Friday March 19 2021 at 8:00 pm at Paramount Theatre in Denver, CO
- Find tickets from 139 dollars to Shen Yun - Denver on Saturday March 20 2021 at 2:00 pm at Buell Theatre in Denver, CO
Broadway Shows and Plays in Denver Details
Denver is committed to the arts, and you can best see the proof of that commitment at the Denver Performing Arts Complex. The complex encompasses multiple venues and is one of the largest homes for performing arts in the US. Touring Broadway productions often visit Denver at venues in the Performing Arts Complex.
The Buell Theatre is one of the premier venues at the Performing Arts Complex, and the building has hosted many types of events throughout its rich history. It was originally built to host the 1908 Democratic National Convention, and it was in Buell Theatre (then the Auditorium Arena) that Led Zeppelin played its first show in the United States. Before the venue became a destination for live theater, it hosted professional basketball, tennis, and wrestling. Some time after the Denver Nuggets moved out of the building, renovations began to make the Buell Theatre the venue it is today. The theatre opened in 1991 to the first national touring production of The Phantom of the Opera. The Buell Theatre also hosted the first national touring production of The Lion King in 2002 and was extensively renovated again for the Democratic National Convention of 2008. The theatre has seating for 2830 people. Some of its recent and upcoming shows include Something Rotten, Chicago, Elf: The Musical, and Hamilton.
The Performing Arts Complex has a number of other venues, including the 750-seat Stage Theatre. The Tony Award-winning Denver Theatre Company performs there throughout the year. Some highlights from their late 2017- early 2018 season include A Christmas Carol, American Mariachi, and The Who’s Tommy.
Elsewhere in Denver is the Paramount Theatre—a former movie theatre that now holds concerts and live events. The building opened in 1930 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Recent and upcoming events at the Paramount include performances by Carlos Mencia, Eddie Izzard, Mike Birbiglia, Nick Offerman, Jay Leno, and Joe Biden.
What’s the best place to see theater in Denver?
Any of the venues in the Performing Arts Complex—like the Buell Theatre and the Stage Theatre are great places to catch a show. The farthest you’ll sit from the stage at the Stage Theater is just 13 rows back, and the Buell Theatre has had a lot of history and work put into it. Both events host great shows.
The Paramount Theatre is good for other types of live entertainment. Celebrities from a number of genres and specialties often appear there. You can see comedians like Carlos Mencia, authors like David Sedaris, and politicians like Joe Biden at various events.
What shows can I see in Denver this weekend?
Scroll up to the “Events this Weekend” section to see what theater is happening in Denver over the weekend.
Denver Performing Arts venues allow a factory sealed plastic water bottle, or you can bring an empty water bottle to fill inside. If you want to take public transportation to the theater district, the light rail stops at the nearby Colorado Convention center, and there are several bus stops close to the complex.
How much will I pay to see a show in Denver?
Denver is one of the top theater destinations in the country, with a wide variety of venues and performances. Fans of all types are able to find a price point they’re comfortable with. For a look at ticket prices for upcoming theater, scroll to the top of the page and see events today, this weekend, and this week.
What show should I see while I’m in Denver?
Explore the listings above to see what theater is playing in Denver tonight, this weekend, and further in the future. There’s a show for every type of fan. You can also visit our Theater Page for all available shows.