All Concerts in Phoenix
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Excision (2 Day Pass) (18+) (Rescheduled from 9/2 - 9/3/23) on Friday September 29 at time to be announced at Phoenix Raceway in Avondale, AZ
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Excision (Friday Pass) (18+) (Rescheduled from 9/2/23) on Friday September 29 at 6:00 pm at Phoenix Raceway in Avondale, AZ
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Elton - The Early Years on Friday September 29 at 7:30 pm at Casino Arizona in Scottsdale, AZ
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Victoria Monet on Friday September 29 at 8:00 pm at The Van Buren in Phoenix, AZ
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Three Bad Jacks (21+) on Friday September 29 at 8:00 pm at Yucca Tap Room in Tempe, AZ
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Gucci Mane (21+) on Saturday September 30 at 1:00 pm at Gila River Hotels & Casinos - Wild Horse Pass in Chandler, AZ
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Excision (Saturday Pass) (18+) (Rescheduled from 9/3/23) on Saturday September 30 at 6:00 pm at Phoenix Raceway in Avondale, AZ
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Boys Like Girls on Saturday September 30 at 7:00 pm at The Van Buren in Phoenix, AZ
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to That Mexican OT (16+) on Saturday September 30 at 7:30 pm at Valley Bar in Phoenix, AZ
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Elton The Early Years - Tribute Band on Saturday September 30 at 7:30 pm at Casino Arizona in Scottsdale, AZ
About Concert Tickets in Phoenix
Phoenix is the capital of Arizona and is home to over 1.5 million people. It may in the desert, but there is a lot more to do than enjoy the warm weather. Phoenix is known for its vast array of entertainment options and is a frequent destination for popular musicians. The city has multiple indoor and outdoor venues, and any of them are a great place to take in a concert.
Ak-Chin Pavilion is an outdoor amphitheater that can accommodate over 20,000 people. Billy Joel played the first concert at the venue in 1990, and since then, the Pavilion has kept its concert season going every year from April to October. Ak-Chin Pavilion has also hosted travelling music festivals like The Vans Warped Tour, Lollapalooza, and Ozzfest.
For something with more of an intimate atmosphere, the Marquee Theatre is a great option that does not make any sacrifices in terms of talent. Artists like Adele, Prince, the Jonas Brothers, and Katy Perry have all played at the Marquee. The venue also books tribute shows and local artists. The Marquee Theatre is set up like an auditorium, except there are not any seats. Most tickets for their events are General Admission, which means that the crowd will form in front of the stage without any assigned spots.
The Phoenix area has two large indoor sports arenas that double as concert venues. The first is Talking Stick Resort Arena, which is the home court for the NBA’s Phoenix Suns. The arena opened in 1992 and has a capacity of around 18,000. The area’s other major concert-ready stadium is Gila River Arena, located in nearby Glendale. Gila River Arena, home to the NHL’s Arizona Coyotes, opened in 2003 and is the newer of the two arenas, but it does not typically hold as many concerts as Talking Stick Resort Arena, which has a more central location. Still, Gila River Arena hosts a handful of live music performances each year in addition to Coyotes home games.
Phoenix Concert Venues
Arizona’s capital has a host of great venues for live music fans. Ak-Chin Pavilion is one of the most popular, and is an outdoor amphitheater in the western part of Phoenix. The Pavilion used to be called the Desert Sky Pavilion, and it is across the street from the Desert Sky Mall.
Marquee Theatre is in Tempe, which is about a 20 minute drive from Phoenix. The theatre is about a mile from Arizona State University.
The city’s two major arenas, which host both sports and music events, are Talking Stick Resort Arena and Gila River Arena. Talking Stick is in Downtown Phoenix; Gila River Arena is about 20 to 25 minutes away in suburban Glendale.
How much do Phoenix concert tickets cost?
The average resale price for a concert ticket in Phoenix is $124. This may change, however, depending on who is performing, and where.
Phoenix Music Festivals
The McDowell Mountain Music Festival (often abbreviated to M3F) is an annual festival that takes place at Margaret T. Hance Park in Downtown Phoenix. The festival occurs over three days and typically takes place in March. M3F has hosted artists like Father John Misty, Beck, the Roots, and more.
Phoenix Lights is an EDM Festival named for a “UFO sighting” that was reported after a number of people saw mysterious lights in the sky on a night in 1997. The two-day festival has featured artists like Diplo and Gucci Mane.
Phoenix Concert Tips and Tricks
It’s hot out in the desert, so make sure to protect yourself from the heat and the sun at venues like Ak-Chin Pavilion. Ak-Chin has 8106 covered seats, and the rest of its space is open-air lawn seating. You can bring a factory-sealed plastic water bottle or an empty Camelbak-style water bottle to fill once you’re inside.
If you want to get close to the stage at General Admission venues like Marquee Theatre, it is best to arrive early. If you arrive close to when the show is scheduled to start, you might end up standing near the back.
Musicians on Tour in Phoenix
Concerts in Phoenix by Venue
- Concerts at Arizona Financial Theatre
- Concerts at Casino Arizona
- Concerts at Crescent Ballroom
- Concerts at Gila River Hotels & Casinos - Wild Horse Pass
- Concerts at Nile Theater
- Concerts at Phoenix Raceway
- Concerts at The Rebel Lounge - Phoenix
- Concerts at The Van Buren
- Concerts at Valley Bar
- Concerts at Yucca Tap Room