- Find tickets from 41 dollars to Nile with Terrorizer on Monday October 26 at 7:00 pm at The Observatory in Santa Ana, CA
- Find tickets from 31 dollars to Jordan MacKampa on Friday November 6 at 7:00 pm at The Observatory in Santa Ana, CA
- Find tickets from 28 dollars to Fu Manchu on Saturday November 14 at 9:00 pm at The Wayfarer in Costa Mesa, CA
- Find tickets from 43 dollars to JoJo on Saturday April 10 2021 at 8:00 pm at The Observatory in Santa Ana, CA
- Find tickets from 31 dollars to Island Empire Festival with Sammy J on Saturday July 10 2021 at 4:15 pm at Pacific Amphitheatre in Costa Mesa, CA
- Find tickets from 35 dollars to Cheap Trick with Blue Oyster Cult on Wednesday July 14 2021 at 7:30 pm at Pacific Amphitheatre in Costa Mesa, CA
- Find tickets from 62 dollars to Frankie Valli on Thursday July 15 2021 at time to be announced at Pacific Amphitheatre in Costa Mesa, CA
- Find tickets from 75 dollars to Oc Brew Hee Haw on Friday July 16 2021 at 8:00 pm at Orange County Fair & Exposition Center - The Hangar in Costa Mesa, CA
- Find tickets from 71 dollars to Oc Brew Hee Haw on Saturday July 17 2021 at 1:30 pm at Orange County Fair & Exposition Center - The Hangar in Costa Mesa, CA
- Find tickets from 55 dollars to Ramon Ayala on Saturday July 17 2021 at 7:30 pm at Pacific Amphitheatre in Costa Mesa, CA
Concerts in Costa Mesa Details
Located in Orange County, CA, the city of Costa Mesa is the site of the Orange County Fair and home to the Pacific Amphitheatre. The OC Fair is held annually and takes place over 23 days in July and August. To avoid noise complaints -- which shut the amphitheater down from the early 90s to 2003 -- the Pacific Amphitheatre only holds concerts during the Fair. Some of the artists who have come to Costa Mesa for to play at The OC Fair and Pacific Amphitheatre include Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Kool and the Gang, and Toto.
For those looking for more of an intimate, night club vibe, Orange County has plenty of options for that, too. The Observatory is one of the area’s top venues for live music. It books artists in two different rooms. The larger of the two rooms is the Observatory, and the smaller room is the Constellation Room. The club is standing room only, so be prepared to be on your feet while you enjoy the music.
Costa Mesa Concert Venues
The Pacific Amphitheatre is one the area’s best-known venues, which hosts shows during the Orange County Fair and is located near the College Park area on Fair Drive.
The Observatory is in nearby Santa Ana, which is just a ten minute drive and a straight shot from Costa Mesa.
How much do Costa Mesa concert tickets cost?
The average resale price for a concert ticket in Costa Mesa is $102. Keep in mind that this price is an average, so it is likely that fans can find tickets both below and above this price. Ticket prices are of course subject to change depending on the artist and date of the show.
Costa Mesa Music Festivals
The festival that Costa Mesa is known for is the Orange County Fair, which takes place over the course of 23 days in July and August. The first Orange County Fair was in 1890, just a year after the county itself was established. Over the years, the Fair has expanded significantly from its earliest days, when it was mostly a livestock exhibition. The Fair added a carnival and rodeo in 1925. The current fairgrounds have been the OC Fair’s home since 1949 (the city of Costa Mesa, which encompasses the fairgrounds, wasn’t established until 1953), and music at the Amphitheatre became an OC-Fair-only event in 2003. The Orange County Fair entertains over a million people every year.
Orange County is home to other music festivals as well. Some of these annual festivals include One Love Cali Reggae Fest, Day N Night, and Tropicalia.
Costa Mesa Concert Tips and Tricks
You can take an OCTA bus and get dropped off close to the Observatory, but keep in mind that the busses most likely won’t still be running when the show lets out. Make sure you have a plan, like a rideshare or a taxi, to get back to where you’re staying the night.
Admission to the Pacific Amphitheatre is separate from general admission to the fair, but tickets to a show at the Pacific Amphitheatre also include admission to the OC Fair for the day.
Musicians on Tour in Costa Mesa
- Cheap Trick in Costa Mesa (Pacific Amphitheatre)
- Cole Swindell in Costa Mesa (Pacific Amphitheatre)
- Devotional - The Depeche Mode Experience in Costa Mesa (OC Fair & Event Center)
- Elton The Early Years in Costa Mesa (Orange County Fair & Exposition Center - The Hangar)
- Frankie Valli in Costa Mesa (Pacific Amphitheatre)
- Oc Brew Hee Haw in Costa Mesa (Orange County Fair & Exposition Center - The Hangar)
- Ramon Ayala in Costa Mesa (Pacific Amphitheatre)
- Rebelution in Costa Mesa (Pacific Amphitheatre)
- Steel Pulse in Costa Mesa (Pacific Amphitheatre)
- Stick Figure in Costa Mesa (Pacific Amphitheatre)