SeatGeek Open is a modern box office. Our APIs allow tickets to be distributed on hundreds of platforms simultaneously, yielding more sales and data capture. Rightsholders are increasingly seeing openness as the only viable path forward in an industry that has lagged technologically. Major League Soccer was the first league to act. They signed a league-wide partnership with SeatGeek to bring the SeatGeek Open platform to many of their teams.
There are myriad places a ticket can and should be distributed. In the past few days, I (Russ) would be highly inclined to buy tickets when….
- I was streaming Crystal Fighters on Spotify. It’d be neat if Spotify told me that they were playing at Music Hall of Williamsburg and let me purchase tickets with one tap in the app.
- I booked an AirBnb in Atlanta for a group of friends. We have no plans one evening, and AirBnb could have upsold me on a group of Hawks tickets.
- My girlfriend and I jumped in an Uber on Saturday after dinner. We didn’t have plans; if Uber had offered tickets + ride bundle for a Broadway show, I would have purchased.
These partnerships are a win / win. Retailers can add ticketing to their platform, improving the user experience and driving more revenue. Teams and artists enlist the marketing might of other publishers to move their inventory. And most importantly, fans have greater access to tickets.
SeatGeek Open is just getting started. We have a world-class sales team quickly adding new clients. Our engineers have built the first APIs in the industry that allow for multi-channel distribution. The opportunity is teed up for a dynamic business development leader to scale distribution and fundamentally change the industry.
For a more comprehensive review of open ticketing please read our thoughts here.
Who You Are
- Proven deal-maker. The ideal candidate has successfully closed distribution partnerships with companies like Facebook, Microsoft, Google, AirBnb, Twitter, etc...
- Engaging storyteller. Someone who can present a compelling vision about why tech companies should integrate.
- Technical-ish. We aren’t hiring an engineer, but the ideal candidate can credibly explain how SG Open APIs work and even help distribution partners with lightweight technical questions.
- Passionate about live events. Someone who loves the thrill of attending and is interested in the business behind sports, music, and theater.
- Competitive base salary & equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A laid-back, awesome workplace with an endless supply of snacks/coffee/beer, frequent team lunches, and team events
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- Citibike & Spotify membership