We're looking for a developer who's focused on building beautiful and performant user interfaces. The ideal candidate is an engineer who cares as much about the elegance of the interfaces they create as the elegance of the code used to create them.
SeatGeek has an ever-evolving product. Here's a sample of the projects our team has been working on recently:
- We built novel new interfaces like Pano and a seating chart interface built on a modern mapping stack that make finding tickets easier and more immersive
- We rebuilt our mobile website from the ground up as a single-page application, and rearchitected our checkout and event page interfaces
What We’re Looking For
A senior developer who has lead product initiatives. Most developers at SeatGeek are full stack. You may be comfortable across the stack, but probably specialize in the following:
- HTML/CSS: This stuff is easy for you. Canvas and WebGL might be where it starts to get interesting, or your ears might perk up at the mention of WebAssembly. We don't bother with IE < 11, and some of your work will be on mobile browsers.
- UI & Product Instincts: You have strong feelings about how a webpage should look and feel, and care about the nuances of how users will interact with the product you’re building. We don’t expect you to be a visual designer, but we’re looking for someone who can collaborate with and build on the work of our talented design team.
- Nice to haves: These are all optional, but ideally you have some experience with Sketch or Photoshop, and some level of comfort with one or more of the following: PHP, Python, Go, and/or Node.js. If you've never worked with any of these in your life but are interested in learning more about them, please still apply.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build interactive and intuitive UIs in React that solve complex problems and are a delight to use
- Contribute to creating components and APIs for SeatGeek's frontend libraries
- Work with complex backend APIs that are already in place
- Collaborate with the SeatGeek design team and product managers to bring ideas to life
- Visualize interesting datasets and powerful models with modern frontend technologies
- Participate in the conceptualization and wireframing of new interfaces
- Build key architectural pieces to make development more efficient, fun, and pragmatic
- Contribute to the growth and success of other members of the team
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A culture that places the product first. We are a technology company at heart, and are proud of the idea that great technology drives great user experience
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups
- The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek - we've open-sourced numerous projects and made them available on GitHub