With our recent acquisition of TopTix we’re poised to provide a modern box office for teams, leagues, venues, and rightsholders that is completely differentiated from legacy ticketing providers. If the challenges of taking on industry incumbents and scaling effectively are appealing to you, read on.
What You'll Do
Our SeatGeek Open engineers are a team within a team. You’ll have the resources and support of the larger SeatGeek Product team, but will be specialized with a focus on building and scaling our primary ticketing offering. This includes:
- Developing core features that will help us to scale to meet the needs of larger clients.
- Participating in gathering and incorporating feedback from distribution partners.
- Playing an active role in identifying challenges and proposing solutions.
- Applying creativity and technical rigor to building an unparalleled distribution network.
What We're Looking For
- We’re hiring both junior and senior members of the team, but we ask that everyone have at least 2 years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience building and testing APIs and integrations.
- Expert with at least one statically typed language (C#, Java, etc.) Note: If you have more experience with dynamically typed languages, check out this role instead.
- Passion for software craftsmanship and product with well-considered opinions about how software should work, both inside and out.
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A culture where the product is king
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A laid-back, fun workplace with an endless supply of snacks/coffee/beer, frequent team lunches, and social jaunts organized by Eric Waller, our official Social Chair
- The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek, e.g. we've opensourced our a/b testing framework, Sixpack, our Redis-backed autocompleting service, Soulmate, and our Python string matching library, FuzzyWuzzy
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups