You are professionally and technically well balanced in accounting, finance and operations and you know how to build, develop, mentor and lead a growing accounting team. You have experience with complex accounting, automation, tax regulations, international treasury, corporate governance, internal controls and reporting. You have a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
What You’ll Do
- Continue to build and scale a world class global accounting function
- Develop internal control guidelines, policy and procedure. Implement proper financial controls.
- Oversee global month-end close. Design, implement, and maintain appropriate process & policy to enable accurate, and timely financial reporting. Speed-to-close is a huge focus.
- Prepare timely and accurate consolidated financial statements for our investors and Board of Directors
- Liaise between external auditing firm and internal financial operations and control partner
- Oversee tax and treasury; assist and support outside counsel on all required tax filings and optimize treasury and transfer pricing
- Provide technical accounting leadership and guidance on significant and complex accounting matters, especially those related to revenue recognition in the dynamic and evolving event and ticketing industry
- Set the strategic direction for the implementation, improvement, and general maintenance of accounting systems and finance solutions that support our global operations
- Work closely with FP&A on developing and maintaining the ideal chart of accounts that allows for closing speed and ideal detail for management reporting needs
- Work with CFO and General Counsel on corporate governance matters
- Ensure compliance with state, federal and foreign regulatory requirements and professional standards
What You Have
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, including 3+ years in a controller role at an international company. Public experience is strongly preferred.
- CPA required, strong operational and technical accounting background preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, internally and externally across all levels
- Experience with a S-1 registration process and SOX compliance is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of internal controls, internal & external reporting, audit processes, and tax
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet hard deadlines is a must
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services