- Find tickets to Stick Figure on Monday May 16 at 7:00 pm at The Complex in Salt Lake City, UT
- Find tickets to OMD on Monday May 16 at 7:00 pm at The Union in Salt Lake City, UT
- Find tickets to nothing,nowhere. on Monday May 16 at 7:00 pm at The Complex in Salt Lake City, UT
- Find tickets to Palace on Tuesday May 17 at 7:00 pm at The Complex in Salt Lake City, UT
- Find tickets to JXDN on Tuesday May 17 at 8:00 pm at The Complex in Salt Lake City, UT
- Find tickets to The Slackers with We Are The Union (21+) on Tuesday May 17 at 8:00 pm at The Commonwealth Room in Salt Lake City, UT
- Find tickets to KALEO on Wednesday May 18 at 7:00 pm at Red Butte Garden in Salt Lake City, UT
- Find tickets to Ricky Montgomery on Wednesday May 18 at 7:00 pm at The Complex in Salt Lake City, UT
- Find tickets to Nilufer Yanya on Wednesday May 18 at 8:00 pm at The Commonwealth Room in Salt Lake City, UT
- Find tickets to Ben Rector on Thursday May 19 at 7:00 pm at Sandy Amphitheater in Sandy, UT
From the snow-capped mountains and ski resorts to the city’s Great Salt Lake, there are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy in Salt Lake City. But, did you know Utah’s capital is also home to a vibrant, thriving live music and concert scene? From hip hop and R&B to funk, jazz, and rock, the city frequently plays host to artists across all musical genres.
The beauty of this small capital city in Utah is that there are a number of intimate venues where you can catch both local bands and established artists. Kilby Court is one such spot with a capacity of just 200 folks. Foster The People is a well-known indie pop band that has performed at Kilby. The band has also performed at The State Room in SLC which features a low-set stage and a capacity of just 300.
For a more mid-sized concert experience, SLC offers The Complex which can hold upwards of 2,500 fans. Past performers include Imagine Dragons, Mayer Hawthorne, and Yellowcard. The Depot is another favorite among locals and has seen the likes of Macklemore and 2 Chainz.
Of course, if you’re looking for a classic concert experience to see your favorite headliner perform, SLC has plenty of larger venues as well. From the Rice-Eccles Stadium to Jon M. Huntsman Center, the options are plentiful. In addition to these more classic venues, many SLC restaurants and bars host genre-specific music nights for locals and tourists alike to enjoy! From Jazz at the Bayou to Blues at Pat's BBQ, this city not only offers mountains and music but great eats to match as well!
Salt Lake City Concert Venues
If you’re looking to catch a huge artist like Justin Timberlake or Shania Twain, check out Salt Lake City’s Vivint Smart Home Arena (formerly known as the EnergySolutions Arena). With a capacity of over 18,000 people, this arena draws in big names and huge crowds year-round. Other local concert venues include The Complex, Kilby Court, and The Depot. Of course, for a city as picturesque as Salt Lake, you may wish to see a great show outdoors. The Gallivan Center in SLC offers a sprawling outdoor plaza large enough to host over 10,000. Additionally, Red Butte Gardens offers General Admission shows; past performers have included The Lumineers, The Monkees, and Willie Nelson. Less than 40 minutes from Salt Lake is Park City’s Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater.
Salt Lake City Concert Ticket Prices
The average cost of concert tickets in Salt Lake City is $131 per ticket. Of course, pricing is subject to change depending on the performer, the day of the week that the performance falls on, and a variety of other factors.
Salt Lake City Music Festivals
Each July, SLC’s Gallivan Center hosts the two-day Salt Lake City Jazz Festival. Additionally, every August, Salt Lake City hosts the Das Energi Festival on the shores of the Great Salt Lake. Das Energi celebrates EDM music and has seen the likes of Deadmau5 and Bijou. The Red Butte Garden Amphitheatre also hosts an outdoor summer concert series, and past performers have included Santana, Jason Mraz, and Sheryl Crow.
Musicians on Tour in Salt Lake City
- Carly Pearce in Salt Lake City
- Dora Jar in Salt Lake City
- Eagles in Salt Lake City
- Garth Brooks in Salt Lake City
- Hardy in Salt Lake City (USANA Amphitheatre)
- Jenny Lewis in Salt Lake City (The Commonwealth Room)
- Kendrick Lamar in Salt Lake City
- Morgan Wallen in Salt Lake City (The Complex)
- Vince Staples in Salt Lake City (Gallivan Center)
- WILLOW in Salt Lake City