- Find tickets from 43 dollars to North Carolina Courage at Utah Royals FC on Saturday September 21 at 7:00 pm at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, UT
- Find tickets from 25 dollars to LA Galaxy at Real Salt Lake on Wednesday September 25 at 7:30 pm at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, UT
- Find tickets from 16 dollars to Houston Dynamo at Real Salt Lake on Sunday September 29 at 5:30 pm at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, UT
- Find tickets from 33 dollars to Houston Dash at Utah Royals FC on Saturday October 12 at 7:00 pm at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, UT
- Find tickets from 122 dollars to TBD at Real Salt Lake: Western Conference Round 1 on Saturday October 19 at 1:00 pm at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, UT
- Find tickets from 173 dollars to TBD at Real Salt Lake: Western Conference Semifinals on Wednesday October 23 at 1:00 pm at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, UT
- Find tickets to TBD at Real Salt Lake: Western Conference Finals on Tuesday October 29 at 1:00 pm at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, UT
- Find tickets from 330 dollars to TBD at Real Salt Lake: MLS Cup on Sunday November 10 at 1:00 pm at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, UT
Rio Tinto Stadium Details
Since opening in 2008, Rio Tinto Stadium has played host to Real Salt Lake of Major League Soccer for nearly a decade. The first match held at Rio Tinto Stadium was a 1-1 draw between Real Salt Lake and the New York Red Bulls. The stadium is located in Sandy, just outside of Sale Lake City, and holds just over 20,000 fans. Rio Tinto Stadium has been the site of not just many Real Salt Lake matches, but many noteworthy soccer games in recent history on the continental and international levels.
Rio Tinto Stadium was the site of a CONCACAF Champions League Final in 2011. After a 2-2 draw in Mexico against Monterrey, all Real Salt Lake had to do was win their home leg to become the first American team to win a FIFA-sanctioned tournament. Real Salt Lake ended up losing the match by a score of 1-0, and no American team has come that close to winning the CONCACAF Champions League since.
The stadium was also the site of the 2009 MLS All-Star Game, which brought Premier League side Everton to Utah, where they defeated the MLS All-Stars in a penalty shootout.
In international competition, Rio Tinto Stadium was used for CONCACAF Gold Cup competition in 2013, hosting group stage matches, including a 4-1 win by the United States over Cuba. It has also been the home for two World Cup qualifying matches for the United States, one in 2010 against El Salvador and the other in 2014 against Honduras. Both of those matches ended in United States victories.
Outside of sports, Rio Tinto Stadium is used as the home for concerts in the Salt Lake City area. The venue has played host to concerts from legendary acts such as KISS, The Eagles, Paul McCartney, and many more.
Q: Where are the best places to sit at Rio Tinto Stadium?
A: In terms of where the best view is at Rio Tinto Stadium, the answer is either sections 18-20 or sections 1, 2, and 37. These are the seats in the center of the park, and provide the best view of the entire field. These can in some cases be the priciest seats, so sections in the upper deck is an option for those interested in saving a few bucks.
While the view isn't quite the same, Real Nation is where the fun can be found at Rio Tinto Stadium. The club's supporters section at the north end of the stadium is where you will find the constant energy and noise that many fans crave when they go to a match.
Q: Rio Tinto Stadium tips and tricks
A: Be sure to arrive to Rio Tinto Stadium an hour and a half before the match, as that is when the gates open, and will give you a chance to catch the teams getting warmed up for the match shortly after you get in. Also, be sure to use the free WiFi at the venue to your advantage, something that not every stadium provides their fans.
Q: Rio Tinto Stadium club areas
A: The 100 Lion's Club is one of the two club seating spaces at Rio Tinto Stadium, offering a private entrance to the stadium, a catering area, portable bar setup, A/V equipment, and several HDTVs to provide a modern matchday experience. The Zion's Bank Club seating is also an option, with seats located in the middle of the park surrounding the tunnel out onto the field, with VIP parking and other exclusive access available to members.
Q: What makes Rio Tinto Stadium unique?
A: Carnival Real is a unique way to get fans excited for the matchday experience at Rio Tinto Stadium, with live music and DJs, games, and other fun for fans who show up early.