- Find tickets from 61 dollars to Blippi Live - Jacksonville on Friday August 6 at 6:00 pm at Times Union Ctr Perf Arts Moran Theater in Jacksonville, FL
- Find tickets from 82 dollars to Katt Williams on Friday August 27 at 8:00 pm at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, FL
- Find tickets from 55 dollars to Randy Rainbow on Saturday August 28 at 8:00 pm at Florida Theatre in Jacksonville, FL
- Find tickets from 851 dollars to Hamilton - Jacksonville on Thursday September 2 at 7:30 pm at Times Union Ctr Perf Arts Moran Theater in Jacksonville, FL
- Find tickets from 219 dollars to Hamilton - Jacksonville on Thursday September 9 at 7:30 pm at Times Union Ctr Perf Arts Moran Theater in Jacksonville, FL
- Find tickets from 60 dollars to Whitney Cummings on Friday September 10 at 7:00 pm at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
- Find tickets from 54 dollars to Whitney Cummings on Friday September 10 at 10:00 pm at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
- Find tickets from 39 dollars to Dude Perfect (Rescheduled from 5/29/2020) on Friday September 24 at 7:00 pm at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, FL
- Find tickets from 59 dollars to Nurse Blake on Friday September 24 at 8:00 pm at Times Union Ctr Perf Arts Moran Theater in Jacksonville, FL
- Find tickets from 255 dollars to Hamilton - Jacksonville on Wednesday September 29 at 7:30 pm at Times Union Ctr Perf Arts Moran Theater in Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville’s theater options are right up there with some of the best in the country. The city’s historically rich venues make seeing a show in Jacksonville a memorable experience, and excellent shows are almost always in town.
The Florida Theatre opened in the 1920s as a movie palace. For sixty cents, the first guests at the theater could see a newsreel, a comedy, a cartoon, a live orchestra performance, and the feature film. Like many theaters from its time, the Florida Theatre is famous for its ornate, lavish architecture. Elvis performed at the Florida Theater in the 1950s and was famously warned by a Jacksonville judge not to move too suggestively on the stage and “impair the morals of minors” who might be watching. The theater, which had lost some of its luster over time, closed in 1980. A movement to save the Florida Theatre began, and enough money was raised to reopen the theater in 1983. The theater is on the National Register of Historic Places. Some recent and upcoming shows at the Florida Theatre include Shopkins Live, Charlie Brown Christmas, and the Moscow Ballet. Celebrities like Neil deGrasse Tyson and Bill Maher often hold events at the theater, and the Florida Theatre is also frequently used as a concert venue.
The Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts is the home of Broadway in Jacksonville. Located on the bank of the St. Johns River, the building opened in 1962 and was renovated from 1995 to 1997. The renovations dramatically improved the building’s acoustics. Theater events take place in the complex’s main venue: the Moran Theater, which seats nearly 3000 guests. Sesame Street Live, The Sound of Music, Chicago, and The Lion King will all play at the Moran Theater in 2017 and 2018.
What’s the best place to see theater in Jacksonville?
If you’re looking for Broadway, the Moran Theater at the Times-Union Center is the place to go. In terms of architecture, the Florida Theatre is one of the nicest in the country, and it’s definitely worth seeing at least once.
What shows can I see in Jacksonville this weekend?
Scroll up to the “Events this Weekend” section to see theater is happening in Jacksonville over the weekend.
The Times-Union Center doesn’t have its own parking area, but you can park in a number of downtown locations, including the Water Street garage, on the corner of Water and Broad Streets. Downtown Jacksonville is also accessible by bus.
How much will I pay to see a show in Jacksonville?
Jacksonville is one of the top theater destinations in the country, with a wide variety of venues and performances. Fans of all types are able to find a price point they’re comfortable with. For a look at ticket prices for upcoming theater, scroll to the top of the page and see events today, this weekend, and this week.
What show should I see while I’m in Jacksonville?
You should be able to find something no matter when you’re in town. Explore the listings above to see what theater is in Jacksonville tonight, this weekend, and further in the future. You can also visit our Theater Page for all available shows.