- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Boyz II Men on Friday August 12 at 8:00 pm at Tech Port Center + Arena in San Antonio, TX
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Deicide on Saturday August 13 at 7:00 pm at The Rock Box in San Antonio, TX
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Gary Allan on Saturday August 13 at 8:30 pm at John T. Floore Country Store in Helotes, TX
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to iParty with Matt Bennett on Saturday August 13 at 9:00 pm at Aztec Theatre in San Antonio, TX
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Matute on Thursday August 18 at 8:00 pm at Majestic Theatre San Antonio in San Antonio, TX
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Flatland Cavalry on Friday August 19 at 8:30 pm at John T. Floore Country Store in Helotes, TX
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to BANKS (18+) on Friday August 19 at 9:45 pm at Laugh Out Loud Comedy Club in San Antonio, TX
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Kansas with 38 Special on Saturday August 20 at 7:00 pm at Real Life Amphitheater in Selma, TX
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to The Dave Matthews Tribute Band on Saturday August 20 at 8:00 pm at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre in San Antonio, TX
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Kolby Cooper on Saturday August 20 at 8:30 pm at John T. Floore Country Store in Helotes, TX
Located in south-central Texas, San Antonio is known to many for the Alamo Mission, delicious BBQ, and the city’s River Walk. However, with a population of well over 1.4 million, San Antonio also offers a great local music scene! From metal and folk to blues and rock, artists of all different genres have graced stages along the Alamo City. In fact, Rosie Flores, Charlie Sexton, and Edith Frost are all musicians and singers from San Antonio.
Back in the 1960s and 70s, San Antonio was also known for its Doo-Wop scene as well as its eclectic mix of Tejano, or Tex-Mex, music. One of the city’s most popular bands at the time was called the Royal Jesters. The band married doo-wop, pop and soul into lyrics, songs, and melodies that enraptured the people of San Antonio. Since those days, the music industry has grown significantly and many continue to flock to San Antonio to pursue a career in singing and songwriting.
If you’re looking to dance and sing along with your favorite mainstream performer, you’ll definitely want to head over to the city’s AT&T Center. Home of the San Antonio Spurs, the AT&T Center has a total capacity of over 18,000 folks. The city’s Alamodome is another huge venue where One Direction, Metallica, and George Strait have all performed.
While all large cities have the expected big venues, San Antonio also offers plenty of smaller, more intimate venues that will give you a small neighborhood vibe. The Aztec Theatre, which opened in 1926, is a great historic and cultural spot to catch live music. Sam’s Burger Joint is another cool spot that offers Texas swing music and dancing on Monday nights. Located along the city’s River Walk is the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts where there’s always something going on.
San Antonio Concert Venues
From the AT&T Center and the Alamodome to Tucker’s Kozy Korner and 502 Bar, there is no shortage of concert venues in San Antonio. From huge stadiums to cozy, local spots, live music is always dancing along the streets of Alamo City. Other popular places to enjoy a show include Floore’s Country Store, Échale at the Pearl, and Carmens De La Calle. From local to national artists, ranging in genres from alternative and soul to Latin and rock, San Antonio has it all.
San Antonio Concert Ticket Prices
The average cost of concert tickets in San Antonio is $148 per ticket, but this frequently changes from show to show depending on the artist.
San Antonio Music Festivals
Home to the River City Rockfest held each September, San Antonio knows how to put on a great festival. The Rockfest is hosted by the city’s AT&T Center and has welcomed performers including Def Leppard, Megadeth, and Disturbed. Another popular festival in this city is the Botánica Music Festival held each March at the Six Flags Fiesta Texas. A ticket to this festival not only grants you access to see your favorite artists, but you’ll also have full run of the amusement park as well! Past performers at Botánica have included Alessia Cara and Logic. The Mala Luna Music Festival held at Nelson Wolff Stadium and the NCAA® March Madness Music Festival are also very popular among locals and tourists in San Antonio.
Musicians on Tour in San Antonio
- Alesso in San Antonio
- Bad Bunny in San Antonio (Freeman Coliseum)
- Daddy Yankee in San Antonio
- Def Leppard in San Antonio (Alamodome)
- Elton John in San Antonio (AT&T Center)
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts in San Antonio (Alamodome)
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts in San Antonio (Alamodome)
- Motley Crue in San Antonio (Alamodome)
- My Chemical Romance in San Antonio
- Poison in San Antonio (Alamodome)
Concerts in San Antonio by Venue
- Concerts at Alamodome
- Concerts at Aztec Theatre
- Concerts at Charline McCombs Empire Theatre
- Concerts at Freeman Coliseum
- Concerts at John T. Floore Country Store
- Concerts at Laugh Out Loud Comedy Club
- Concerts at Majestic Theatre San Antonio
- Concerts at Real Life Amphitheater
- Concerts at Tech Port Center + Arena
- Concerts at The Rock Box