Playoff games near
All playoff games
- Find tickets to TBD at DC United: Eastern Conference Round One (If Necessary) on date to be announced at Audi Field in Washington, DC
- Find tickets to TBD at DC United: Eastern Conference Semifinals (If Necessary) on date to be announced at Audi Field in Washington, DC
- Find tickets to TBD at DC United: Eastern Conference Finals (If Necessary) on date to be announced at Audi Field in Washington, DC
- Find tickets to TBD at DC United: MLS Cup (If Necessary) on date to be announced at Audi Field in Washington, DC
SeatGeek Buyer Guarantee
If your event gets canceled, we'll make it right.
D.C. United Playoff History
D.C. United are one of the most decorated American soccer teams, and they have taken home the biggest prize in Major League soccer multiple times. They are one of the founding MLS teams and started their trophy cabinet earlier than any other team. Known as the “Black and Red”, United have provided the nation’s capital with some of the most entertaining soccer in the country.
The team’s reign of dominance began at the outset of Major League Soccer. Under the guidance of future American national team coach Bruce Arena, United started the franchise off with a bang. In the first MLS Cup, D.C. United faced the LA Galaxy in a cross-country clash. The Galaxy finished higher in the regular season, but it was United’s postseason form which would prevail. The Galaxy led the game 2-0 with only 20 minutes left in the game, and it looked like the first MLS championship would be going to Los Angeles. But, Anthony Sanneh and Shawn Medved’s late goals equalized the game and took it to overtime. In overtime, United won instantly thanks to the golden goal rule when defender Eddie Pope hammered home the winning goal.
United continued their early MLS dominance with Bruce Arena at the helm. Just next year in 1997, United was back again in the MLS Cup Final. This time, D.C. United controlled the game against the Colorado Rapids, and took a 2-0 lead through goals from Jaime Moreno Morales and Anthony Sanneh. The Rapids got one goal back, but it was not enough to stop D.C. from becoming back-to-back champions. Sanneh went down in the history books having scored in the two first MLS Cup Finals.
The club also experienced intercontinental success in this time period winning the CONCACAF Champion’s Cup and the Interamerican Cup in 1998. The club went to its third straight MLS Cup Final, but they lost to the Chicago Fire. Arena then left to coach the American national team, but the franchise’s MLS Cup success was far from over. Dutch coach Thomas Rongen led the team to it’s fourth straight MLS Cup in 1999, and United once again faced the Galaxy. United completely controlled the game and were 2-0 victors with goals from Moreno and Ben Olsen. The win solidified D.C. United as an early MLS dynasty.
The Black and Red then faced a three-year playoff drought, but they returned to the 2004 MLS Cup Final to win their fourth title. Led by two Alecko Eskandarian goals, United triumphed over the Kansas City Wizards.
Frequently Asked Questions About DC United Playoff Tickets and Event Information
When do DC United playoff tickets go on sale?
DC United playoff tickets go on sale at the end of the MLS regular season once the playoff bracket is set. If DC United finish high in the table, they will play one or two home games dependent on results.
How much are DC United playoff tickets?
DC United playoff ticket typically resell for $68.00. Prices can vary based on, which round the game is in, and the team’s opponent. The DC United fans can expect to pay more for tickets as they advance further into the playoffs.
How to get cheap DC United playoff tickets?
If you’re looking for cheap DC United playoff tickets, tickets can be found for as low as $35.00. Additionally, once you click on your preferred event date, use the “sort by price” button located in the top left hand corner of the event page to sort all available DC United playoff tickets by cheapest tickets available.
How to buy DC United playoff tickets
SeatGeek is the best way to browse, find, and buy DC United playoff Tickets.
- Browse the above listings of DC United playoff tickets to find a show you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date and show time, click on the button on the right hand side of the event to see all available tickets for that show.
- Next, explore all available DC United playoff tickets on the left hand side of the screen. Filters at the top of the page allow tickets to be sorted by price, or by SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by value and tells you exactly how good of a deal you're looking at. On the right hand side, you can explore SeatGeek’s interactive maps to find the perfect seating section, and to get a preview of what a view from a seat in that section will look like.
- To buy DC United playoff tickets, click the ticket listing and you will be directed to SeatGeek’s checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatGeek will process your order and deliver your DC United playoff tickets.