SeatGeek is a product-centric organization that deploys code into production multiple times per day. Our application is built in the microservice architectural style and we strive to use the best language for the task at hand. We make it a priority to open source what we can.
What We're Looking For
- At least 2 years of professional software engineering experience or a Comp Sci (or equivalent*) degree.
- Experience building web applications. We'll be most interested in hearing about what you've built.
- Expert with at least one language and good with several others.
- Passionate about software craftsmanship and product: you have well-considered opinions about how software should work, both inside and out.
The Tools We Use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious.
- Languages: Python (our primary language), C#/.NET Core, Go and PHP
- Datastores: MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch
- Server: Nginx, Tornado and flask for Python, all running on AWS
- Monitoring: Graphite/StatsD
- Version control: Git
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A culture where the product is king
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A laid-back, fun workplace with an endless supply of snacks/coffee/beer, frequent team lunches, and social jaunts organized by Eric Waller, our official Social Chair
- The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek, e.g. we've opensourced our a/b testing framework, Sixpack, our Redis-backed autocompleting service, Soulmate, and our Python string matching library, FuzzyWuzzy
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups