What Am I Allowed to Bring Into the Super Bowl?
You’ve scored the tickets, you’ve made the travel arrangements, and now the only thing standing between you and your dream day at the Super Bowl is a metal detector and a security guard.
So just what are you allowed to bring in to the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens on February 2, aka Super Bowl Sunday? We’ve got you covered with all the Dos and Don’ts below.
What is Permitted Inside Hard Rock Stadium?
- Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water that are 20 oz. or less in size
- Food of any kind that is contained in a clear plastic bag for guests with special medical or dietary needs only
- Hand-carried jackets, blankets, or other items, which will be patted down or searched
- Guests may carry in and use cellular telephones as long as they do not distract from other guests’ enjoyment of the event
- Computers or tablets (e.g., iPads) are permitted if they are smaller than 12″x12″x12″ in size and can be powered on during the security screening if requested and are not in a case
- Guests may bring a small portable radio or television as long as they listen to the device with an earpiece and do not disturb other guests sitting nearby
What is Not Permitted Inside Hard Rock Stadium?
- Animals (with the exception of service animals and service animals in training)
- Clothing with foul, abusive messaging
- Reusable water bottles
- Food of any kind that is contained in a clear plastic bag for guests with special medical or dietary needs only.
- The use of any unmanned aircraft systems, radio-controlled model aircraft, and other devices that can be operated in airspace (i.e., drones) on Hard Rock Stadium property, including parking lots, is expressly prohibited.
- Noise-makers, air horns, vuvuzelas and any type of whistle
- Seat cushions of any size except those for medical needs
- Glass bottles, cans, coolers of any kind, thermoses or ice chests
Alcohol of any kind
- Umbrellas, strollers, laser pointers
- Single purpose video cameras or still-photography cameras with a lens longer than 6″
- Selfie Sticks
- Weapons and any item that may be used as a projectile or one that is deemed dangerous by Hard Rock Stadium management
- Any animal with the exception of a service animal or service animal in training
- Purses or bags that exceed 12″ X 6″ X 12″
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by Hard Rock Stadium management
- Aerosol cans (e.g., mace, pepper spray or sunscreen)
- Strollers are not permitted into Hard Rock Stadium, other than for Suite Level ticket holders
What Kind of Bags are Allowed at Hard Rock Stadium?
According to the venue’s official website:
- One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” by 6” and 12” or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, fans may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at Gate E designated for this purpose.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry and approved clear bag and a clutch purse, providing ample storage capacity.
You can find a stadium-approved tote here on Amazon. Guests may also purchase a Miami Dolphins-branded approved bag at the team store located at the stadium.
Haven’t secured your Super Bowl LIV tickets yet? Browse listings here on SeatGeek. Use code TBA20BLOG for $20 off.