- Find tickets from 89 dollars to Morris Day with Cameo and Lakeside Band and Dazz Band and The Bar-Kays on Saturday August 24 at 7:30 pm at Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
- Find tickets from 19 dollars to Incarnate Word Cardinals at UTSA Football on Saturday August 31 at 5:00 pm at Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
- Find tickets from 44 dollars to International Friendly: Mexico vs. Argentina on Tuesday September 10 at time to be announced at Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
- Find tickets from 24 dollars to Army Black Knights at UTSA Football on Saturday September 14 at 2:30 pm at Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
- Find tickets from 60 dollars to Alejandro Sanz on Wednesday September 18 at 7:30 pm at Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
- Find tickets from 17 dollars to UAB Blazers at UTSA Football on Saturday October 12 at 5:00 pm at Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
- Find tickets from 21 dollars to Rice Owls at UTSA Football on Saturday October 19 at 5:00 pm at Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
- Find tickets from 16 dollars to Southern Miss Golden Eagles at UTSA Football on Saturday November 16 at 5:00 pm at Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
- Find tickets from 19 dollars to Florida Atlantic Owls at UTSA Football on Saturday November 23 at 5:00 pm at Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
- Find tickets from 67 dollars to Alamo Bowl on Tuesday December 31 at 6:30 pm at Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
- Find tickets from 133 dollars to UIL Girls State Basketball on Thursday March 5 2020 at 8:30 am at Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
- Find tickets from 189 dollars to UIL Boys Basketball State Tournament All Session (March 12-14) on Thursday March 12 2020 at 8:29 am at Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
The Alamodome is a multi-purpose event facility opened in 1993 to provide a larger sports arena and convention space for the city of San Antonio. The Alamodome is owned and operated by the City of San Antonio itself and was designed to provide a more intimate space for conventions and sports events in the area.
As a sports facility, the Alamodome has seen a few different tenants. Built to accommodate both football and basketball, it housed the San Antonio Spurs for nearly a decade until they moved on to AT&T Center after the 2001-2002 season. Designed with football more in mind, the stadium remains the home of the UTSA Roadrunners and is to this day the largest stadium used in the Conference USA. When configured for a football game, the venue can seat 72,000.
For concerts, even more have packed the main hall of the Alamodome, with as many as 73,086 people packing the stadium in 2013 for a George Strait performance. Other artists who have performed at the Alamodome include Enrique Iglesias, Pitbull, Britney Spears, and Paul McCartney. The Alamodome is also known for the conferences and other events it hosts, including religious conventions, trade shows, and entertainment events such as Disney on Ice.
It's also a sought-after location for special sports events, such as NCAA Final Four games, preseason and exhibition games, and -- most notably -- the Valero Alamo Bowl. This annual college bowl game pits the second-place teams from the Big 12 and Pac-12 conferences against each other, and in 2007 the Alamo Bowl game between Penn State and Texas A&M set a stadium record with over 66,166 attending.
Soccer events have also been featured heavily at the Alamodome. With its proximity to Mexico, the venue hosts both American and Mexican teams. The U.S. women's national soccer team played an exhibition match here as part of their post-FIFA "victory tour" in 2015. While the stadium has pursued plans to bring a Major League Soccer team into the mix, so far, no MLS team calls the Alamodome its permanent home.
What are the best places to sit at the Alamodome?
For some games and shows, the top level of the Alamodome is closed off. For UTSA football games, for example, you'll only find two levels -- the Plaza Level (101-144) and the Club Level (201 and up). For some events, such as the Alamo Bowl, the third Upper Level (301-348) is open for business as well. At a UTSA game, Sections 111-113 will put you right behind the UTSA bench but require you to pay a donation as well. If you're coming to watch a visiting team, there's a designated Visitor Section, 138.
Alamodome Tips and Tricks
If you're driving, directions to the venue are available at the Alamodome website. Parking near the stadium typically costs $20.
Alamodome Club Areas
If you want to be closer to the game, Section 112 is the Founders Club at a UTSA game, which means you'll need to pay a donation as well as the ticket price. Same goes for the Premier Club (Sections 111 and 113), VIP Club (Section 134), and the Charter Club (Sections 110, 114, 133, 135, 209-215, and 232-236).