- Find tickets from 30 dollars to Paw Patrol Live - The Great Pirate Adventure - Indianapolis on Saturday May 8 at 6:00 pm at Murat Theatre at Old National Centre in Indianapolis, IN
- Find tickets from 53 dollars to Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra - Indianapolis on Saturday May 15 at 7:30 pm at Clowes Memorial Hall in Indianapolis, IN
- Find tickets from 86 dollars to Whose Live Anyway? on date to be announced at Murat Theatre at Old National Centre in Indianapolis, IN
- Find tickets from 178 dollars to Dear Evan Hansen - Indianapolis on Tuesday June 1 at 7:30 pm at Murat Theatre at Old National Centre in Indianapolis, IN
- Find tickets from 100 dollars to Dear Evan Hansen - Indianapolis on Friday June 4 at 8:00 pm at Murat Theatre at Old National Centre in Indianapolis, IN
- Find tickets from 118 dollars to Dear Evan Hansen - Indianapolis on Saturday June 5 at 2:00 pm at Murat Theatre at Old National Centre in Indianapolis, IN
- Find tickets from 85 dollars to Dear Evan Hansen - Indianapolis on Sunday June 6 at 1:00 pm at Murat Theatre at Old National Centre in Indianapolis, IN
- Find tickets from 74 dollars to Heather McMahan on date to be announced at Clowes Memorial Hall in Indianapolis, IN
- Find tickets from 106 dollars to Leanne Morgan on Friday August 6 at 7:00 pm at Clowes Memorial Hall in Indianapolis, IN
- Find tickets from 27 dollars to Kidz Bop - Indianapolis on Friday August 27 at 6:00 pm at The Amphitheater at White River State Park in Indianapolis, IN
As one of the largest cities in the Midwest, Indianapolis is a popular stop for touring Broadway shows and a great place to see live theater. The city hosts a wide variety of live events throughout the year.
Clowes Memorial Hall, on the campus of Butler University, is one of the city’s major theatres and is a popular spot for Broadway in Indianapolis. The venue has a seating capacity of 2172. The building opened in 1963 and has been continuously active since then and has hosted a wide variety of events: concerts, Broadway shows, dance performances, and more. The recent addition of a parking garage has alleviated one of the main complaints about the venue, and parking is much simpler. The venue’s non-Broadway productions feature many family-friendly plays, but there’s plenty for adults as well. Some recent and upcoming shows at Clowes Memorial Hall include Finding Neverland, Pete the Cat, Charlie Brown Christmas, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and The Great Gatsby.
The Old National Centre in Downtown Indianapolis is home to the Murat Theatre. The 2600 seat theater is the oldest stage house still standing in Downtown. The Murat was built in 1909, and the building was originally used as a Shriner temple. The theater opened in 1910 and mostly showed Broadway plays. Winston Churchill also famously delivered a speech there in 1932. More recently, The Murat has held productions of Wicked and The Lion King. Wicked is returning to the Murat in 2018, along with Les Miserables. The venue also hosts live productions of shows like A Christmas Story and The Nutcracker during the holiday season. Celebrities like Nick Offerman and Jerry Seinfeld will also take the stage at the Murat.
In addition to serving as a basketball arena and a concert venue, Bankers Life Fieldhouse also hosts some family-friendly live shows while the Pacers are on the road. Marvel Universe Live and Disney on Ice: Dare to Dream will play at Bankers Life Fieldhouse during the 2017-2018 basketball season.
What’s the best place to see a show in Indianapolis?
The Murat Theatre in the Old National Center is a beautiful venue with a classic feel. You’ll find a lot of Broadway shows there.
If you want to do something with your young kids that doesn’t have them looking at a screen, the Clowes Memorial Hall on Butler University’s campus often puts on kid-friendly theater with beloved characters like Pete the Cat and The Cat in the Hat.
What theater is happening in Indianapolis this weekend?
Check out the “Events this Weekend” section about to see what theater you can see Indianapolis this weekend.
A new parking garage on Sunset Avenue makes parking a breeze for events at Clowes Memorial Hall. The garage accepts credit cards, and, unless your event has an extra fee, you can park for three hours for just $5 (and an additional dollar for each extra hour).
You can reserve parking at the Old National Centre if you want to avoid the hassle of finding a spot. Reserved parking for the Murat Theatre costs $10.
How much will I pay to see a show in Indianapolis?
Indianapolis is one of the top theater destinations in the country, with a wide variety of venues and performances. Fans of all types are able to find a price point they’re comfortable with. For a look at ticket prices for upcoming theater, scroll to the top of the page and see events today, this weekend, and this week.
What show should I see while I’m in Indianapolis?
There’s always good theater somewhere in Indy. Explore the listings above to see what theater is happening in Indianapolis today, this weekend, and further in the future. You can also visit our Theater Page for all available shows.