- Find tickets from 26 dollars to Hamilton Tiger-Cats at BC Lions on Saturday September 22 at 7:00 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 26 dollars to FC Dallas at Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Sunday September 23 at 4:00 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 58 dollars to Beyonce with Jay-Z on Tuesday October 2 at 7:30 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 31 dollars to Toronto Argonauts at BC Lions on Saturday October 6 at 4:00 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 59 dollars to Luke Bryan with Sam Hunt on Saturday October 13 at 6:00 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 15 dollars to Sporting Kansas City at Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday October 17 at 7:00 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 30 dollars to Edmonton Eskimos at BC Lions on Friday October 19 at 7:00 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 27 dollars to Portland Timbers at Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Sunday October 28 at 1:30 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 100 dollars to MLS Cup Knockout Round: Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs TBD on Wednesday October 31 at 1:00 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 30 dollars to Calgary Stampeders at BC Lions on Saturday November 3 at 7:00 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 103 dollars to Western Conf Semifinals: Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs TBD - Leg 1 or 2 on Sunday November 4 at 1:00 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 118 dollars to Western Conf Finals: Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs TBD - Leg 1 or 2 on Sunday November 25 at 1:00 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 135 dollars to MLS Cup Final: Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs TBD on Saturday December 8 at 4:30 pm at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets to Contact Music Festival (2 Day Pass) with Skrillex, The Chainsmokers, Galantis, and more on Friday December 28 at time to be announced at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
- Find tickets from 124 dollars to HSBC Canada Sevens 2019 on Sunday March 10 2019 at 10:00 am at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada
BC Place Stadium Details
Major League Soccer’s Vancouver Whitecaps play their home games at BC Place in Vancouver, British Columbia. The stadium opened in 1983 and is a multipurpose stadium designed to host both football and soccer. In addition to the Whitecaps, the Canadian Football League’s BC Lions also play at BC Place. BC Place was a major venue during the Vancouver-hosted 2010 Winter Olympics: it hosted both the opening and closing ceremonies.
After the Olympics, BC Place underwent extensive $551 million renovations. The renovations added a new polytan FIFA 2-Star Recommended playing surface, a new high-definition scoreboard (the second largest in the world), new suites and club areas, and over a thousand new high definition TV screens. The largest renovation, however, was to the stadium’s roof. Renovations upgraded the roof — previously an inflatable, air-supported roof — with the world’s largest cable-supported fabric roof. The roof can open or close over the field of play, but the seats in the stadium are always covered. The roof takes about 20 minutes to open and close.
BC Place has hosted the CFL Grey Cup nine times, most recently in 2014. Also in 2014, the BC Place hosted the NHL’s Heritage Classic—with the roof closed—between the Ottawa Senators and the Vancouver Canucks. In 2015, the United States won the FIFA Women’s World Cup at BC Place. The stadium also holds concerts, including Metallica and Guns N Roses in 2017.
The Whitecaps have played at BC Place since 2011. In the 2012 season, BC Place hosted its first MLS playoff game, and the Whitecaps became the first Canadian MLS team to play in the playoffs. The Whitecaps last qualified for the MLS Cup Playoffs in 2015. BC Place has a maximum capacity of 54,500, but the capacity is reduced to 22,120 for Whitecaps matches. The club uses white sails to block the upper bowl, creating a more intimate environment for soccer.
Where’s the best place to sit at BC Place?
The seating area at BC place wraps all the way around the playing field, so pay attention when you’re buying tickets to whether your section is on the sidelines or behind one of the goals and buy according to your preference. The Whitecaps block off the upper bowl, so any tickets you buy will be for the lower level.
The Whitecaps’ Supporters Group, called the Southsiders, sits in sections 249-254 — in the stadium’s southeast corner. If you sit in any of those sections, be prepared to spend the game on your feet: the Southsiders stand and sing throughout the game.
- Balcony and Goalpost Lounges: Two lounges that can be separated or combined into one space. Seating for groups of 40-100. Includes concierge service and features an exclusive food and drink menu.
- Pacific Rim Suites: Stylish suites that include two 55 inch televisions, a private speaker system, and a great view of the game.
- Pitchside Club: Comfortable padded seats as close to the game as possible. Includes in-seat service and lounge access.
Tips and Tricks
Public transportation is a good option for getting to BC Place. If you’re taking the Skytrain, take the Expo Line to the Stadium-Chinatown stop. If you’re coming from the west, take the Canada Line to Yaletown-Roundhouse Station. It is about a five minute walk from each station to the stadium. The SeaBus also travels to BC Place, and it’s a unique way to get around Vancouver. This passenger ferry connects Vancouver’s North Shore to the downtown area. If you’re traveling form the North Shore, you’ll exit at the Waterfront station and then take the Skytrain from there.
Dress for the weather outside. Even though the retractable roof may be closed, it’s best to treat BC Place as an open-air stadium.
There is a wide variety of food options at BC place. Beast on Fire (sections 217 and 237) offers “carvery-style” sandwiches with choices like slow-roasted prime rib and smoked brisket. And when in Canada, do as the Canadians do and eat poutine. You can find Poutinerie locations at sections 212 and 239. There are many other options available, including vegan and gluten friendly, if you have any dietary restrictions.