- Find tickets from 177 dollars to New Orleans Saints at Chicago Bears on Sunday October 20 at 3:25 pm at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL
- Find tickets from 173 dollars to Los Angeles Chargers at Chicago Bears on Sunday October 27 at 12:00 pm at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL
- Find tickets from 196 dollars to Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears on Sunday November 10 at 12:00 pm at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL
- Find tickets from 163 dollars to New York Giants at Chicago Bears on Sunday November 24 at 12:00 pm at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL
- Find tickets from 200 dollars to Dallas Cowboys at Chicago Bears on Thursday December 5 at 7:20 pm at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL
- Find tickets from 172 dollars to Kansas City Chiefs at Chicago Bears on Sunday December 22 at 7:20 pm at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL
- Find tickets from 61 dollars to Kenny Chesney Chillaxification Tour on Saturday July 25 2020 at 5:00 pm at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL
Soldier Field Details
Soldier Field is one of the most well-known venues in American sports. As the home of the Chicago Bears since 1971, it's a storied piece of NFL history. The stadium's much older than that though. It was first opened in 1924 and was the home field for a variety of teams such as the Chicago Rockets (an All-American Football Conference team).
Originally called the Grant Park Municipal Stadium, the building was renamed Soldier Field in 1925 at the behest of the Chicago Gold Star Mothers. The change was announced at the 1926 Army-Navy game, which ended in a tie and was attended by an estimated 110,000. This is sometimes referred to as the "Golden Age" of sports, and you certainly get that feeling in the experience of Soldier Field today.
The venue also boasts a whole list of "firsts" -- from the first boxing event to bring in over $2.5 million, to the first stadium ski meet. It's a home field full of stories, and the current tenants have lived up to that legacy. Soldier Field has hosted four NFC Championship Games, including the 1985 game in which the Bears defeated the Los Angeles Rams.
Soldier Field also welcomes musical guests and other events, including drawing such big names as Taylor Swift, U2, One Direction, and The Eagles. Even further afield, the stadium has hosted several religious and charitable events, including a so-called Eucharistic Congress celebration in 1954 for over 250,000 Catholics -- the largest crowd the stadium had ever seen.
The venue underwent a major restoration in 2003 to modernize and expand both the stadium itself and the surrounding parkland. As part of this updating project, the building was LEED-EB certified in 2011, making it the first stadium to be awarded this status in North America.
What are the best places to sit at Soldier Field?
The stadium is laid out into four levels, 100, 200, 300, and 400 with ticket prices typically increasing the closer you get. On the east side, you'll find the United Club and on the west the additional 400 row.
One thing to note is that sections 114, 214, and 244 are known to offer the most cover from sun. Another consideration is that alcohol is prohibited in Sections 148 and 155. If that's a factor for you, look for another seat.
Soldier Field Tips and Tricks
Parking near Soldier Field can be tricky, and it might be a good idea to carpool or use public transit instead. Either way, plan on arriving early, and if you drive, some services offer paring reservations in advance. Closer lots can cost as much as $85, and those near the stadium are usually reserved for Chicago Bears season ticket holders and other VIP fans. Lots that are further away typically cost less, if you're willing to walk a bit.
Soldier Field Club Areas
The United Club is a three-level hospitality experience with eight bars, two kitchens, and 127 TVs showing the action at all times. Club seating also gives VIP patrons access to additional food selections, a private entrance and bathroom, and an exclusive Bears Pro Shop. You can also enjoy the Proven IT Skyline Suite for an upscale experience with dedicated parking. Or explore three layers of Executive Suites for more personal space, excellent for impressive business meetings or rewarding a hardworking corporate team.