- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Josh A with Justin Stone on Friday July 8 at 7:00 pm at A and R Music Bar in Columbus, OH
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Starset with Fame On Fire on Saturday July 9 at 7:00 pm at KEMBA Live! in Columbus, OH
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Third Eye Blind with Taking Back Sunday on Tuesday July 12 at 7:00 pm at KEMBA Live! in Columbus, OH
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to STRFKR on Friday July 15 at 7:00 pm at Newport Music Hall in Columbus, OH
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Dermot Kennedy on Sunday July 17 at 8:00 pm at Palace Theatre Columbus in Columbus, OH
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Collective Soul and Switchfoot on Wednesday July 20 at 6:00 pm at KEMBA Live! in Columbus, OH
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Mary Chapin Carpenter on Thursday July 21 at 7:30 pm at Speaker Jo Ann Davidson Theatre in Columbus, OH
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Foxing on Friday July 22 at 7:00 pm at A and R Music Bar in Columbus, OH
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to Buckeye Country Superfest on Saturday July 23 at 3:30 pm at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, OH
- (opens in new tab) Find tickets to PJ Morton on Saturday July 23 at 7:00 pm at KEMBA Live! in Columbus, OH
Columbus is the second largest city in the Midwest (behind Chicago). The city houses the gigantic Ohio State University, which means that Columbus is home to thousands of young people for most of the year. Naturally, the city is a great place to catch all kinds of live music, and Columbus is a frequent destination for top artists on tour. Columbus is also home to the Rock on the Range music festival, which is held annually at MAPFRE Stadium. The festival features popular rock bands. The lineup in 2017 included Metallica, Sum 41, Gojira, Korn, The Offspring, Coheed and Cambria, and Volbeat.
Columbus’s other large concert venue is Nationwide Arena, which is the home arena of the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets. Nationwide Arena is the main attraction in the city’s arena district, which also includes AAA Baseball field Huntington Park and the concert venue Express Live. Nationwide Arena has a capacity of over 20,000 for concerts. The arena opened in 2000 and has been the site for some of the biggest concerts in Columbus. Past performers include Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Drake, The Rolling Stones, and Rush. Bob Seger, Ed Sheeran, and Dead and Company highlight more recent and upcoming shows.
On the campus of Ohio State University is Newport Music Hall, which is the country’s longest continuously operating rock club. The venue opened in the 1920s as a movie theater and was later used as a ballroom. The current venue seats around 1700 people and maintains the building’s historic ballroom architecture and “the legacy of its past,” which includes some of the most famous names in Rock and Roll: The Ramones, Alice Cooper, Quiet Riot, The Monkees, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Megadeth, Foreigner, and many more. Its more recent and upcoming lineup includes Judah & the Lion, RAC, Gojira, NEEDTOBREATHE, and Drive-By Truckers.
What’s the best place to see a concert in Columbus?
Newport Music Hall is a gorgeous building with a lot of history in it. If you like Rock and Roll, it’s a great choice. You’ll probably also like Express Live, which is like “the Newport Hall on steroids.” Express Live is both an indoor and outdoor venue and is located near Nationwide Arena.
What concerts are playing in Columbus this weekend?
Scroll up to the “Events this Weekend” section to see what artists are playing in Columbus this weekend.
Express Live and the Newport Music Hall are both owned by Promowest. They have a strict bag policy that only allows for a clear tote bag and a small purse. Don’t try to bring in a backpack or anything larger. If you have a “General Admission” ticket, that means you’re not assigned a seat, so you should arrive early to get the best view.
How much do concert tickets cost in Columbus?
Columbus is one of the top concert destinations in the country, with a wide variety of venues and performances. Fans of all types are able to find a price point they’re comfortable with. For a look at ticket prices for upcoming concerts, scroll to the top of the page and see events today, this weekend, and this week.
What concert should I see while I’m in Columbus?
Check through the listings above to see what concerts are playing today, this weekend, and further in the future. Many different types of artists play in Columbus, and you’re sure to find something you like.
Musicians on Tour in Columbus
- Andrea Bocelli in Columbus (Schottenstein Center)
- Carly Pearce in Columbus
- Dan + Shay in Columbus (Nationwide Arena)
- Denzel Curry in Columbus
- Duckwrth in Columbus
- Kendrick Lamar in Columbus
- Kenny Chesney in Columbus (Ohio Stadium)
- Panic! At The Disco in Columbus (Nationwide Arena)
- Post Malone in Columbus
- Tanna Leone in Columbus
Concerts in Columbus by Venue
- Concerts at A and R Music Bar
- Concerts at Ace of Cups
- Concerts at Celeste Center
- Concerts at KEMBA Live!
- Concerts at Nationwide Arena
- Concerts at Newport Music Hall
- Concerts at Ohio Stadium
- Concerts at Palace Theatre Columbus
- Concerts at Speaker Jo Ann Davidson Theatre
- Concerts at Value City Arena at Schottenstein Center