- Find tickets from 80 dollars to Michael Cavanaugh on Saturday June 19 at 8:00 pm at Columbus Commons in Columbus, OH
- Find tickets from 55 dollars to Chris Lane (18+) on Saturday July 3 at 12:00 pm at Flannagan's Dublin in Columbus, OH
- Find tickets from 30 dollars to Chris Janson (18+) on Sunday July 4 at 12:00 pm at Flannagan's Dublin in Columbus, OH
- Find tickets from 94 dollars to Kane Brown on Friday July 16 at 4:00 pm at Fortress Obetz Stadium in Columbus, OH
- Find tickets from 76 dollars to Tito Puente Jr. on Saturday July 17 at 8:00 pm at Columbus Commons in Columbus, OH
- Find tickets from 67 dollars to Leftover Salmon on Tuesday July 20 at 7:00 pm at Woodlands Tavern in Columbus, OH
- Find tickets from 69 dollars to The Avett Brothers on Friday July 23 at 6:00 pm at Express Live! in Columbus, OH
- Find tickets from 74 dollars to LANCO on Friday July 23 at 7:00 pm at The Bluestone in Columbus, OH
- Find tickets from 65 dollars to Justin Moore (18+) on Friday July 30 at 3:00 pm at Flannagan's Dublin in Columbus, OH
- Find tickets from 54 dollars to Modest Mouse on Tuesday August 3 at 6:00 pm at Express Live! in Columbus, OH
Columbus is the second largest city in the Midwest (behind Chicago). The city houses the gigantic Ohio State University, which means that Columbus is home to thousands of young people for most of the year. Naturally, the city is a great place to catch all kinds of live music, and Columbus is a frequent destination for top artists on tour. Columbus is also home to the Rock on the Range music festival, which is held annually at MAPFRE Stadium. The festival features popular rock bands. The lineup in 2017 included Metallica, Sum 41, Gojira, Korn, The Offspring, Coheed and Cambria, and Volbeat.
Columbus’s other large concert venue is Nationwide Arena, which is the home arena of the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets. Nationwide Arena is the main attraction in the city’s arena district, which also includes AAA Baseball field Huntington Park and the concert venue Express Live. Nationwide Arena has a capacity of over 20,000 for concerts. The arena opened in 2000 and has been the site for some of the biggest concerts in Columbus. Past performers include Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Drake, The Rolling Stones, and Rush. Bob Seger, Ed Sheeran, and Dead and Company highlight more recent and upcoming shows.
On the campus of Ohio State University is Newport Music Hall, which is the country’s longest continuously operating rock club. The venue opened in the 1920s as a movie theater and was later used as a ballroom. The current venue seats around 1700 people and maintains the building’s historic ballroom architecture and “the legacy of its past,” which includes some of the most famous names in Rock and Roll: The Ramones, Alice Cooper, Quiet Riot, The Monkees, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Megadeth, Foreigner, and many more. Its more recent and upcoming lineup includes Judah & the Lion, RAC, Gojira, NEEDTOBREATHE, and Drive-By Truckers.
What’s the best place to see a concert in Columbus?
Newport Music Hall is a gorgeous building with a lot of history in it. If you like Rock and Roll, it’s a great choice. You’ll probably also like Express Live, which is like “the Newport Hall on steroids.” Express Live is both an indoor and outdoor venue and is located near Nationwide Arena.
What concerts are playing in Columbus this weekend?
Scroll up to the “Events this Weekend” section to see what artists are playing in Columbus this weekend.
Express Live and the Newport Music Hall are both owned by Promowest. They have a strict bag policy that only allows for a clear tote bag and a small purse. Don’t try to bring in a backpack or anything larger. If you have a “General Admission” ticket, that means you’re not assigned a seat, so you should arrive early to get the best view.
How much do concert tickets cost in Columbus?
Columbus is one of the top concert destinations in the country, with a wide variety of venues and performances. Fans of all types are able to find a price point they’re comfortable with. For a look at ticket prices for upcoming concerts, scroll to the top of the page and see events today, this weekend, and this week.
What concert should I see while I’m in Columbus?
Check through the listings above to see what concerts are playing today, this weekend, and further in the future. Many different types of artists play in Columbus, and you’re sure to find something you like.
Musicians on Tour in Columbus
- Des Rocs in Columbus (MAPFRE Stadium)
- Elton John in Columbus (Schottenstein Center)
- Fall Out Boy in Columbus
- Genesis in Columbus
- Green Day in Columbus
- Guns N' Roses in Columbus
- Justin Bieber in Columbus (Schottenstein Center)
- Mammoth WVH in Columbus
- Ship Wrek in Columbus
- Weezer in Columbus (Schottenstein Center)