- Find tickets from 81 dollars to Monsta X on Tuesday May 18 at 7:30 pm at SAP Center in San Jose, CA
- Find tickets from 62 dollars to Maroon 5 (Rescheduled from 8/19/2020) on Sunday July 25 at 7:00 pm at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA
- Find tickets from 104 dollars to Joe Bonamassa on Friday July 30 at 8:00 pm at San Jose Civic in San Jose, CA
- Find tickets from 47 dollars to Backstreet Boys (Rescheduled from 8/15/2020) on Tuesday August 10 at 7:30 pm at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA
- Find tickets from 67 dollars to Joe Russo's Almost Dead on Saturday August 14 at 5:30 pm at Frost Amphitheatre in Stanford, CA
- Find tickets from 223 dollars to Harry Styles (Rescheduled from 8/25/2020) on Friday August 20 at 8:00 pm at SAP Center in San Jose, CA
- Find tickets from 85 dollars to Dierks Bentley with Riley Green on Saturday August 21 at 7:00 pm at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA
- Find tickets from 34 dollars to The Black Crowes on Sunday August 22 at 8:00 pm at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA
- Find tickets from 73 dollars to Maluma on Thursday September 9 at 8:00 pm at SAP Center in San Jose, CA
- Find tickets from 83 dollars to Los Angeles Azules on Friday September 10 at 8:00 pm at SAP Center in San Jose, CA
Located in the hills of Silicon Valley, San Jose is home to many historical landmarks, as well as the Tech Museum of Innovation. This city of over one million folks also boasts a fun and vibrant live music and concert scene, and both locals and tourists alike are known to enjoy the artists who perform across stages throughout the city.
From San Jose’s Cafe Stritch to the Lobby Lounge at The Fairmont, this city is peppered with cool spots to catch live music. Downtown San Jose is where you’ll find a variety of genres from hip hop and blues to jazz and rock. The Poor House Bistro hosts a Six String Showdown the last Thursday of every month for those who enjoy the sounds of guitars.
Of course, if you’re hoping to catch a headliner act, San Jose also offers the bigger venues as well. Avaya Stadium is home to Major League Soccer's San Jose Earthquakes and has a capacity of 18,000. Another big venue in this city is the SAP Center, known to locals as “The Shark Tank” because it is home to the NHL San Jose Sharks. The SAP Center has seen the likes of U2, Katy Perry, Imagine Dragons, Selena Gomez, and many more.
Other great spots in San Jose to catch live music include the California Theatre, El Jardin Tequila Bar & Restaurant, and 55 South for Jazz on Sunday evenings. San Pedro Square Market is an outdoor spot with live music on Saturday nights.
San Jose Concert Venues
If you’re looking to see a big-time performer in San Jose, chances are that their tour will stop at the SAP Center. This indoor arena has a total capacity of nearly 18,000 and is easily accessible for both locals and tourists. The City National Civic of San Jose is another great spot that underwent an $11 million renovation in 2010. With a total capacity of just under 3,000 people, you can enjoy a more intimate atmosphere paired with a classic concert experience. Other popular venues include the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts, Cafe Stritch, and Poor House Bistro.
San Jose Concert Ticket Prices
The average cost of concert tickets in San Jose is $164 per ticket. Of course, pricing is subject to change depending on the performer, the day of the week that the performance falls on, and a variety of other factors.
San Jose Music Festivals
Every August, the city hosts the San Jose Jazz Summer Fest. The first Jazz Fest took place in 1990 at the Plaza de César Chavez. This festival has had many great artists grace its stages, including Bootsy Collins, Alessandro Penezzi Quartet, Carolyn Wonderland, and many more. Another annual tradition that started in 1989 is San Jose’s Music in the Park summer concert series.
Musicians on Tour in San Jose
- Bad Bunny in San Jose (SAP Center)
- Jenny Lewis in San Jose (SAP Center)
- Justin Bieber in San Jose (SAP Center)
- Luke Bryan in San Jose (Shoreline Amphitheatre)
- Maluma in San Jose (SAP Center)
- Maroon 5 in San Jose (Shoreline Amphitheatre)
- Meghan Trainor in San Jose (Shoreline Amphitheatre)
- Ricky Martin in San Jose (SAP Center)
- Sabrina Claudio in San Jose (SAP Center)
- The Weeknd in San Jose (SAP Center)