- Find tickets to Amine on Saturday May 21 at 6:00 pm at Frost Amphitheater in Stanford, CA
- Find tickets to New Kids On The Block with Salt-N-Pepa, Rick Astley, and En Vogue on Wednesday June 1 at 7:30 pm at SAP Center at San Jose in San Jose, CA
- Find tickets to ZZ Top on Thursday June 2 at time to be announced at Mountain Winery in Saratoga, CA
- Find tickets to Tears For Fears with Garbage on Thursday June 2 at 7:30 pm at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA
- Find tickets to Phil Lesh on Saturday June 4 at 6:00 pm at Frost Amphitheater in Stanford, CA
- Find tickets to Jack White on Saturday June 4 at 8:00 pm at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA
- Find tickets to Wild 94.9 WAZZMATAZZ: WAZZMATAZZ with The Chainsmokers on Sunday June 5 at 6:00 pm at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA
- Find tickets to Boy George with Culture Club on Tuesday June 7 at 7:03 pm at Mountain Winery in Saratoga, CA
- Find tickets to Stephen Marley with Skip Marley and Hirie on Thursday June 9 at 7:00 pm at Mountain Winery in Saratoga, CA
- Find tickets to Carin Leon on Friday June 10 at 8:00 pm at SAP Center at San Jose in San Jose, CA
Located in the hills of Silicon Valley, San Jose is home to many historical landmarks, as well as the Tech Museum of Innovation. This city of over one million folks also boasts a fun and vibrant live music and concert scene, and both locals and tourists alike are known to enjoy the artists who perform across stages throughout the city.
From San Jose’s Cafe Stritch to the Lobby Lounge at The Fairmont, this city is peppered with cool spots to catch live music. Downtown San Jose is where you’ll find a variety of genres from hip hop and blues to jazz and rock. The Poor House Bistro hosts a Six String Showdown the last Thursday of every month for those who enjoy the sounds of guitars.
Of course, if you’re hoping to catch a headliner act, San Jose also offers the bigger venues as well. Avaya Stadium is home to Major League Soccer's San Jose Earthquakes and has a capacity of 18,000. Another big venue in this city is the SAP Center, known to locals as “The Shark Tank” because it is home to the NHL San Jose Sharks. The SAP Center has seen the likes of U2, Katy Perry, Imagine Dragons, Selena Gomez, and many more.
Other great spots in San Jose to catch live music include the California Theatre, El Jardin Tequila Bar & Restaurant, and 55 South for Jazz on Sunday evenings. San Pedro Square Market is an outdoor spot with live music on Saturday nights.
San Jose Concert Venues
If you’re looking to see a big-time performer in San Jose, chances are that their tour will stop at the SAP Center. This indoor arena has a total capacity of nearly 18,000 and is easily accessible for both locals and tourists. The City National Civic of San Jose is another great spot that underwent an $11 million renovation in 2010. With a total capacity of just under 3,000 people, you can enjoy a more intimate atmosphere paired with a classic concert experience. Other popular venues include the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts, Cafe Stritch, and Poor House Bistro.
San Jose Concert Ticket Prices
The average cost of concert tickets in San Jose is $164 per ticket. Of course, pricing is subject to change depending on the performer, the day of the week that the performance falls on, and a variety of other factors.
San Jose Music Festivals
Every August, the city hosts the San Jose Jazz Summer Fest. The first Jazz Fest took place in 1990 at the Plaza de César Chavez. This festival has had many great artists grace its stages, including Bootsy Collins, Alessandro Penezzi Quartet, Carolyn Wonderland, and many more. Another annual tradition that started in 1989 is San Jose’s Music in the Park summer concert series.