- Find tickets from 137 dollars to Corey Taylor on Wednesday May 26 at 8:00 pm at Diamond Ballroom in Oklahoma City, OK
- Find tickets from 23 dollars to Chris Colston on Saturday June 5 at 8:30 pm at Diamond Ballroom in Oklahoma City, OK
- Find tickets from 37 dollars to Dirty Honey on Saturday June 19 at 8:00 pm at Diamond Ballroom in Oklahoma City, OK
- Find tickets from 33 dollars to Charley Crockett on Friday June 25 at 6:30 pm at The Jones Assembly in Oklahoma City, OK
- Find tickets from 50 dollars to Cody Johnson on Friday June 25 at 7:00 pm at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, OK
- Find tickets from 22 dollars to Jerrod Niemann on Friday June 25 at 8:30 pm at Diamond Ballroom in Oklahoma City, OK
- Find tickets from 18 dollars to Insider - Tom Petty Tribute (Rescheduled from 11/14/2020) on Saturday June 26 at 8:00 pm at Diamond Ballroom in Oklahoma City, OK
- Find tickets from 66 dollars to Banda MS (Rescheduled from 3/20/2020) on Saturday June 26 at 8:30 pm at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, OK
- Find tickets from 54 dollars to Styx with Collective Soul on Sunday June 27 at 7:00 pm at Oklahoma City Zoo Amphitheatre in Oklahoma City, OK
- Find tickets from 32 dollars to Read Southall Band on Saturday July 10 at 8:00 pm at The Criterion in Oklahoma City, OK
Home to over half a million people, Oklahoma City locals are known for their love of cowboys, football, fried okra, and music. With a rich history of swing and jazz, Oklahoma City boasts a great live music scene with plenty of artists, venues, and shows to enjoy. In fact, this city (known to locals as OKC) is home to a thriving entertainment district called Bricktown. In Bricktown, you’ll find the Criterion, a live music venue with a capacity of over 4,000 people. Top artists including Kid Cudi, Sturgill Simpson, and Lil Uzi Vert have been known to perform there.
If you’re looking to catch a big-name performer in OKC, the city offers a variety of large venue spaces as well. In fact, Chesapeake Energy Arena has a total capacity of over 18,000 and has seen the likes of Slipknot, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Shania Twain. The Cox Convention Center is another popular venue for mainstream artists in OKC.
For a more intimate concert experience, there are plenty of mid-sized and smaller venues in OKC as well. From the Tower Theatre and The Blue Door to the Bricktown Ballroom and UCO Jazz Lab, there’s something for everyone in this city. Listen to the sounds of local bands within this city’s eclectic music scene. Josh Sallee is a young hip-hop and rap artist from OKC who plays around town quite often. Another popular band that came together in OKC is called Tallows. Known for their “experimental sounds”, Tallows is a quirky band with lots of talent.
If you’re into rock bands, you may know that the legendary Flaming Lips is a band that was formed in OKC back in the early 1980s. Hinder is another popular rock band with roots in OKC.
Oklahoma City Concert Venues
OKC offers a variety of concert venues – from large arenas to more intimate spaces! For headliner performances, the Chesapeake Energy Arena and Cox Convention Center are where you’ll want to go. The Criterion is a mid-sized live music venue and artists including Rick Springfield, Travis Scott, and Post Malone have performed there. Of course, OKC is peppered with bars and lounges that offer live music at little to no cost at all. The Blue Note Lounge, 89th Street - OKC, and Opolis are all excellent choices for a night out.
Oklahoma City Concert Ticket Prices
The average cost of concert tickets in Oklahoma City is $126 per ticket, but that may change depending on who is playing and when the concert is taking place.
Oklahoma City Music Festivals
OKC has plenty of fun music festivals for both locals and tourists to enjoy. One of the most popular is the Metro Music Fest. Held annually in April, this festival is free to attend and takes place in OKC’s Bricktown District. Presented by the Academy of Contemporary Music at the University of Central Oklahoma (ACM@UCO), Metro Music Fest offers a great mix of up-and-coming student talent to more established local bands.
What are some concert tips and tricks for catching bands in Oklahoma City?
If you’re looking for outdoor concerts in OKC, the free Sunday Twilight Concert Series at Myriad Gardens is a great option. Third Thursdays at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art also offers musical performances for just $5 on the third Thursday of each month.
Musicians on Tour in Oklahoma City
- Backstreet Boys in Oklahoma City (Chesapeake Energy Arena)
- Banda MS in Oklahoma City (Chesapeake Energy Arena)
- Brett Young in Oklahoma City (The Criterion)
- Elton John in Oklahoma City (Chesapeake Energy Arena)
- Kane Brown in Oklahoma City (Lloyd Noble Center)
- Leon Bridges in Oklahoma City (Chesapeake Energy Arena)
- Maroon 5 in Oklahoma City (Chesapeake Energy Arena)
- Meghan Trainor in Oklahoma City (Chesapeake Energy Arena)
- Michael Buble in Oklahoma City (Chesapeake Energy Arena)
- Travis Denning in Oklahoma City (Riverwind Casino Showplace Theatre)